Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Modded alternative to official Youtube app?

Tip us?

omgbuffguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] Modded alternative to official Youtube app?

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone here is using an alternate youtube app or a modded one? There were a couple I did try from xda but they dont work properly so I'm guessing not compatible with KitKat.

I was looking specifically for the feature to download the videos in HD (Trailers/Lectures) and obviously full HD playback.

Anyone?

EDIT: Oh and Tubemate does not work :/ parsing error...

Juansegovia20
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Did you try og you tube?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JRJ442
Old
Thanks Meter 1,244

DONATE TO ME
I found this a while back on here, can't seem to find it now though. https://www.dropbox.com/s/80ek7unab8...3.0_BETA-3.apk It piggybacks on the official YouTube and works through the share option. When you find a video you want to download, hit the three dot overflow button under the video. Share options come up, scroll to the bottom til you see YouTube donwloader. I've used this for a while and its worked through multiple app updates.

dianlb50
Old
(Last edited by dianlb50; 24th February 2014 at 12:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Default SuperTube

Check out SuperTube .... nice theme, you can choose the resolution, screen off playback & floating video window
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dianlb50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xda_dentex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,757

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ442 View Post
I found this a while back on here, can't seem to find it now though. https://www.dropbox.com/s/80ek7unab8...3.0_BETA-3.apk It piggybacks on the official YouTube and works through the share option. When you find a video you want to download, hit the three dot overflow button under the video. Share options come up, scroll to the bottom til you see YouTube donwloader. I've used this for a while and its worked through multiple app updates.
Always the latest apk is available at: http://dentex.github.io/files/apk/la...downloader.apk

Blog link, stable and beta version's XDA thread in signature.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skttrbrain
Old
(Last edited by skttrbrain; 2nd July 2014 at 12:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianlb50 View Post
Check out SuperTube .... nice theme, you can choose the resolution, screen off playback & floating video window
This used to be a great app, but it doesn't download the videos as the OP asked for, it's no longer in the Play Store, and some videos won't work with it (not just for me either, check the XDA thread). I'd advise against this app. Viral is a good alternative for a player that doesn't download, albeit not as good as SuperTube was.
Tags
alternative, google, modded, youtube