Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 (xxhdpi) color notifications

Tip us?
 
bigknowz
Old
#61  
bigknowz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 448
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Default GMail

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolla03 View Post
i love this. But can we get just a regular Gmail one? like the hangouts one?


Also it looks liek the Gmail one is out of date as soon as i flash it the play store updates it and the notification goes back to stock
Thanks. Haven't received the new GMail yet, so I can't update. You can turn off auto update on the modified apps so you don't lose color notifications. As far as the GMail Icon, are you referring to the moonshine image in the Google Colors zip?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stat_notify_email.png
Views:	112
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	2854610  

Nexus 5 32GB
stock + GravityBox + Code_Blue
Color Notifications for N5 (should work on any odexed xxhdpi device)

*** retired ****
LTE Galaxy Nexus
 
krolla03
Old
(Last edited by krolla03; 16th July 2014 at 07:34 PM.)
#62  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 376
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland
Yeah that one is awesome. But what does the hangouts one look like in that batch.

I guess i could flash the moonshine one then the hangout one separate huh

Heres the newest gmail btw



PS Couldn't i just unzip your flash file replace the gmail you have in there with the new one rename it to the format you have and then rezip and flash? Or would that not work?
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.google.android.gm-4.9+(1266230).apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.74 MB, 3 views)
 
bigknowz
Old
#63  
bigknowz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 448
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Info 2 How to

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolla03 View Post
Yeah that one is awesome. But what does the hangouts one look like in that batch.

I guess i could flash the moonshine one then the hangout one separate huh

Heres the newest gmail btw



PS Couldn't i just unzip your flash file replace the gmail you have in there with the new one rename it to the format you have and then rezip and flash? Or would that not work?
Check out the instructions in Post #2. I just received the new GMail and will update the zips tomorrow.

Nexus 5 32GB
stock + GravityBox + Code_Blue
Color Notifications for N5 (should work on any odexed xxhdpi device)

*** retired ****
LTE Galaxy Nexus
 
bigknowz
Old
#64  
bigknowz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 448
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Default Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkz14 View Post
You are welcome, anyway I don't know why this never worked on my N5, stock, rooted+Xposed... Zip installs perfectly with no errors but notifications remains the same...
Just updated the OP with GMail 4.9 for individual and all-in-one zips. Noticed I had the wrong link for Nexus Colors, sorry. Maybe that was the issue.

Nexus 5 32GB
stock + GravityBox + Code_Blue
Color Notifications for N5 (should work on any odexed xxhdpi device)

*** retired ****
LTE Galaxy Nexus
 
mkz14
Old
#65  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 116
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigknowz View Post
Just updated the OP with GMail 4.9 for individual and all-in-one zips. Noticed I had the wrong link for Nexus Colors, sorry. Maybe that was the issue.
That should be the issue probably. Will test it again tomorrow and give feedback. Btw is it possible u make this as a xposed module?
 
krolla03
Old
#66  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 376
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland
You're moonshine one still has gmail 4.8
 
krolla03
Old
#67  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 376
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland
I figured out how to fix it but XDA wont upload the new zip for some reason
 
bigknowz
Old
(Last edited by bigknowz; 18th July 2014 at 06:06 PM.)
#68  
bigknowz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 448
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Unhappy More Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolla03 View Post
You're moonshine one still has gmail 4.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by krolla03 View Post
I figured out how to fix it but XDA wont upload the new zip for some reason
Sorry about that, was exhausted last night doing the updates and uploaded the wrong apk. Should be good now.

Just make sure you only have com.google.android.gm-1.apk in /data/app.

Nexus 5 32GB
stock + GravityBox + Code_Blue
Color Notifications for N5 (should work on any odexed xxhdpi device)

*** retired ****
LTE Galaxy Nexus
 
StyleUkno
Old
(Last edited by StyleUkno; 19th July 2014 at 03:49 PM.)
#69  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 164
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lawndale
So, what will it take for you to make this work with PA?

Edit: I'm on PA and the email icon seems to be working fine. The hangouts icon doesn't work. and that's all I have checked. It would be nice if ALL icons worked like this. This should come stock with Android.


http://imgur.com/PyWKLP3 - just in case the attached image doesn't work.




Nexus 5
Nexus 7

Retired:
Nexus 4
Rooted
Paranoid Android

__
Samsung Galaxy Note.
Rooted
SlimeBean

__
Motorola Atrix
Rooted
Neutrino EE
The Following User Says Thank You to StyleUkno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bigknowz
Old
#70  
bigknowz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 448
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Info 2 Odex / Deodex

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyleUkno View Post
So, what will it take for you to make this work with PA?

Edit: I'm on PA and the email icon seems to be working fine. The hangouts icon doesn't work. and that's all I have checked. It would be nice if ALL icons worked like this. This should come stock with Android.


http://imgur.com/PyWKLP3 - just in case the attached image doesn't work.
It looks like PA is Deodexed, so the modded png files need to be in the \system\app apks as opposed to the \data\app apks for odexed ROMS. If you want to test modding Hangouts, check out the instructions in Post #2. Otherwise, upload the apk and I can give it a shot.

Nexus 5 32GB
stock + GravityBox + Code_Blue
Color Notifications for N5 (should work on any odexed xxhdpi device)

*** retired ****
LTE Galaxy Nexus

The Following User Says Thank You to bigknowz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes