Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,164 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Parking Locations Card

Tip us?

marleyfan61
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Default [Q] Parking Locations Card

I have yet to see a parking location card pop up to remind me where I park. I have Google Now version 3.4. Location reporting is on. I've set transportation mode to Driving. Is this service not available in Canada?

Mods: Sorry if this is not appropriate here but I've done a search and really don't know where to ask this question. Move it if you need to. Thanks.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.44
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: Stock
Headpones: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT-1350, Sennheiser CX 880i

Alex1123
Old
Thanks Meter 145
I thought you had to tell google after your parked to remind you where you parked not sure though

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Samsung Moment->HTC Hero CDMA->Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch->Galaxy Nexus->HTC EVO 4g LTE->Samsung Galaxy S3-> Samsung Galaxy Note 2-> HTC One -> Nexus 5

Joshmccullough
Old
Thanks Meter 223
I think it's a 'phased' roll-out. My wife's had this feature for a couple of weeks, mine just magically turned on yesterday without me doing anything or changing any settings. My wife always gets the cool features before I do, for some reason, and she couldn't really care less
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joshmccullough For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GrenW
Old
Thanks Meter 33
It's just appeared for me since yesterday. I never did anything to activate it, the card just appears with a mini-map

Nexus 5 - Black 32gb : Latest AOKP Nightly
Galaxy Nexus : Latest AOKP Nightly | Latest Franco.Kernel
HTC Desire : Redux 2.0 | S-Off
Nexus 10 : Unrooted Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to GrenW For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marleyfan61
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenW View Post
It's just appeared for me since yesterday. I never did anything to activate it, the card just appears with a mini-map
I was hoping that I would see it today, since two of you said it showed up yesterday. Nothng still. I guess it's not a big deal. I wouldn't really use it very often but was just wondering why I don't see it.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.44
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: Stock
Headpones: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT-1350, Sennheiser CX 880i

krolla03
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61 View Post
I was hoping that I would see it today, since two of you said it showed up yesterday. Nothng still. I guess it's not a big deal. I wouldn't really use it very often but was just wondering why I don't see it.
Ive had it for about a week. Its automatic. Its kinda annoying actually because now Google Search uses a lot more battery

pepdavies
Old
Thanks Meter 87
I've seen it three times but it certainly doesn't work every day for me. I can see it out of the window so I should manage to find it today

rajvernekar
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default I don't see it anymore

I used to see it about 20 days back but after that....gone ...i have the latest google search, google play services and location is on battery saving mode...with location reporting and history on.....i want to get it back...tried many things like wiping data for google search, reinstalling google search...no use..please suggest

MidnightDevil
Old
Thanks Meter 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmccullough View Post
I think it's a 'phased' roll-out. My wife's had this feature for a couple of weeks, mine just magically turned on yesterday without me doing anything or changing any settings. My wife always gets the cool features before I do, for some reason, and she couldn't really care less
I feel ya bro...

On the other hand.. when I was on holidays in London I had a lot more cool suggestions and cards showing up comparing to home (Portugal)... but when I travel sometimes I get pictures of the places nearby, often with my own pictures LOL

Mobile: LG Optimus 4X HD
Mobile: Google Nexus 5
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 Wii

Be tolerant and use Good & Common HTC Sense! :P.

--- Interesting Reading ---
Android Terms / Slangs / Definitions and Guides Revised
What exactly batterystats.bin does.

Get 15GB of Free Space!!!

Don't post just to increase your post count, make sure you know what you're talking about before posting to reduce the amount of false information.
MD

rpr69
Old
Thanks Meter 587

DONATE TO ME
Located in Canada, I get it every time I park my car, except at home (seems pretty obvious now that I think about it). I don't think I did anything special other than to say 'yes, tell me where I parked', and even then, I don't specifically remember even doing that.