Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Nexus 5 Music Manager?

Tip us?

agonzalez1010
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Best Nexus 5 Music Manager?

I'm looking for a recommendation on a decent music player app. My gripe with Google's one is that I can't make my own custom playlist with my own songs I copied to the device. Then a have a couple of instances where it would stop playing music and I would have to FC and open it again.

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Regards,

Agonzalez1010

{Current Daily Driver: - Nokia Lumia 925/iPhone5S}

{Previous Phones:Blackberry [Who didn't back in the 2000's? ] MotoCliq, NEXUS One, HTC EVO, Epic 4G, Nexus S, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Galaxy S2, iPhone 5S, Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 925}

Diizzymatt
Old
(Last edited by Diizzymatt; 16th May 2014 at 01:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
I feel the same way I just use avia now though since I paid the 3 dollars for Chromecast and Dropbox. Honestly a great investment since I still have 50gb dropbox space from my s4. Makes being stuck on the 16gb not as bad because it frees up a lot of space. Although I never had any problems with play music and playlists it doesn't sound as good through headphones or an aux cable

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

zakkyzombie
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
I like simple, yet elegant. I very much dig Apollo. I kinda set my standards to that. I do a lot of driving and my phone is my music player. As big as the selections are for it, its the best so far. WALKMAN in 2nd and Omich player in 3rd. (Its basicly Apollo with more features that you have to pay for. And some basic Apollo stuff is paid too)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ikp.coolest1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down jetAudio

If you guys havent tried Jetaudio plus. Do so. great eq and audio enhancement options. and 20 band eq is just off da hook.

The only prob is...our stock headphones dont have extra buttons for song change, volume etc. Once u pause a song while your playlist is in shuffle, it re starts the playlist from any other random song.

CitizenLee
Old
Thanks Meter 491
PowerAmp > All other Android media players

The feature list is too big to type here... just Google some reviews or test the free trial for yourself.
Main Device: Google Nexus 5
Other Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S2, Motorola Moto G
Retired: HTC Hero, HTC Wildfire S, HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy Note 1
Dropbox | Flickr
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CitizenLee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AHOME
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenLee View Post
PowerAmp > All other Android media players

The feature list is too big to type here... just Google some reviews or test the free trial for yourself.
+1.

Armadaas
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I like player pro and power amp

stevefxp
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I use the Gonemad music player. Love the functionality in it, and it is compatible with Viper4Android.

EnricoD
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 3,908
Poweramp it's simply the best one
Money well spent
If You liked my works please consider a donation to help Alyssia, I will greatly appreciate

Note: I do not answer technical questions or mods requests via pm/hangouts! Use the forum, I say!

Flyingdutchman99
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Audio Music player

I use shuttle, doubletwist and walkman. I love them all, I just use the one i tap . However, I like DoubleTwist the most.
My phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Paranoid Android , Rooted
kernel: PA stock

My tablet: Nexus 7 (grouper)
ROM: CM11
kernel: Elemental X

Please hit thanks if i helped you