OP junglebungle

13th November 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #341  
Union NJ
Thanks Meter: 690

2,321 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsun

It lags when I select and slide to conversation.

I noticed the same thing. Very nice app and features but lags for me.
17th November 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #342  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 20

143 posts
i need batch delete function, it's hard to delete a set of messages.
The Following User Says Thank You to geek1st For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #343  
Thanks Meter: 15

324 posts
Don't know if this is an issue for anyone else, but my QKSMS app doesn't have the 'longer' vibration when I receive a msg, rather only the 'shorter' length vibration of other apps. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Nexus 5 Mahdi
18th November 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #344  
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
I love the app.
Just a few bugs: MMS consisting of a picture and a text message are shown twice (and probably created twice in the database since the stock app displays them twice aswell).
I get only phone numbers in the notification panel, not names.
Is it possible to change the icon? I see a nice red icon on some screenshots. I'd love a more minimalist icon, either without text or with just a smiley ":)" like on the stock Jelly Bean app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachoo

Don't know if this is an issue for anyone else, but my QKSMS app doesn't have the 'longer' vibration when I receive a msg, rather only the 'shorter' length vibration of other apps. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I like to distinguish SMS from the rest, but I agree it could be nice to customize the vibration scheme.
19th November 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #345  
Thanks Meter: 15

324 posts
It would be nice to customize, but for some reason all other SMS apps have the long vibration on my phone, just not this one. It's a little confusing.
4th December 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #346  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 78

75 posts
More
Nearly Perfect.
Nearly Perfect. Gave it 4/5 Stars on the Play Store

What I Like:
  • Material Design look is great. I like that you used the Material Color Palette as well.
  • Fast & Simple. A HUGE plus for me when it comes to an MMS app.
  • The appearance customization is perfect. It provides users with a nice amount of customization without getting too overwhelming. Sometimes, too many options are a bad thing.
What I would Like:
  • The Ability to choose or create my own custom vibration pattern. This is another feature that is almost a must have when it comes to messaging apps. The default vibration pattern is extremely close to, if not identical to, the Facebook Messenger vibration pattern. I don't really tend to Facebook Messenger notifications as urgently as I do text messages, so I've caught myself ignoring text messages with my gf a few times and that's a bad thing haha.
  • The ability to add a picture or video to a message I've already typed. The Send button replaces the attach button after you type anything in, so If I begin to type my message BEFORE I want to send a picture I have to cut the text out, choose a picture and then paste the text back in. A bit annoying, but I can get used to this.

Bugs / Problems I've encountered:
  • When first installing the app, it was unable to set my Sprint APN, which I had to enter manually. No big deal, but I thought that was weird.
  • Sometimes the wrong contact picture will appear next to the person that I'm currently conversing with. The contact picture usually is the picture of the person that I was talking to previously. Ex. If I were talking to Bob, and then Alice texts me and I go to reply to Alice's text, her picture would appear as Bob's contact picture, even though I'm speaking to Alice. I've had this happen several times, but I am unable to repetitively reproduce this issue.
  • Sometimes the contact pictures of several contacts in the Conversation List will be incorrect or swapped with other contacts. I've had this happen several times, but I am unable to repetitively reproduce this issue.
  • Random crashes. Usually happens when I unlock the phone
  • Sometimes conversations appear completely empty, even though they aren't. This seems to happen randomly, although I've noticed that this happens most commonly when waking up the phone after it goes to sleep with the app still open. Screenshot:

Running a Nexus 5 with Stock Android L ROM (LRX21O)
Last edited by Alcolawl; 4th December 2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added Phone + ROM Info
5th December 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #347  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
automatic data enabled
qksms install after app is the automatic enabled mobile data.
13th December 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #348  
SE Michigan
Thanks Meter: 25

59 posts
I really like this messaging app, but sending MMS has been impossible whether on data or wifi. It just hangs and shows "sending" until I just end up deleting. Went back to stock android app, and MMS sends just fine. I paid for the + version, but there is still a problem with this functionality.

If and when this gets fixed, I'll be back.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjjcb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #349  
Flag Fort Collins, CO
Thanks Meter: 5,352

3,430 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjcb

I really like this messaging app, but sending MMS has been impossible whether on data or wifi. It just hangs and shows "sending" until I just end up deleting. Went back to stock android app, and MMS sends just fine. I paid for the + version, but there is still a problem with this functionality.

If and when this gets fixed, I'll be back.

I am having this same issue.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread