OP Audioboxer

30th September 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,803

4,968 posts
Donate to Me
More
Said maid pro
This app can do more stuff than just clearing cache.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-30-10-10-51.png
Views:	468
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	2955286  
1st October 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #22  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 6

72 posts
More
Clean droid is great and fast and doesn't stay in memory, I stopped using memory killers and cache cleaning tools long time ago till I started using clean droid, so simple and fast and functional but you have to pay through IAP to get all the functions and remove adds but I got that for free through appgratis
4th October 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 43

201 posts
More
For me this is the best cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1412381036507.png
Views:	429
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	2959115  
6th October 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 44

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvezz28

I don't mean to sound ignorant but it really doesn't matter? I use it to clean junk files and cache.
As far as "memory boost", I know constantly killing apps drains battery and some functionality but you really just leave all those residual files and such on your phone?
Again, I'm not shooting you down, I was just inquiring for a better understanding.

Good question…let’s just say there is more than one way to skin a cat and it also a bit to do with the device (specs) and the set-up
I moved from a low-end (Sony Xperia Tipo) to a mid range (Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro) to a high-end (Nexus 5) and on the first 2 devices cleanmaster seemed a necessity due to low device specs. On the N5 never I felt the need and I also rooted to fully unlock the true potential of the N5.
if you’re on a rooted device, you may need to clean flash (full factory reset) from time to time. (depending on the rom and update frequency ). This practically takes care of day-to-day cleaning.
I go a step further and wipe internal storage (about once in 2 months), so absolutely nothing is left. This is like the annual spring cleaning.

Why I would not wipe cache or be selective about it? I use google stock gallery with over 5000 photos on the cloud thru picassa, if I clear cache, thumbnails etc would re-download and waste precious bandwidth…therefore it becomes a bit pointless to do that on daily/weekly basis when I have already planned for a quarterly spring cleaning.
That said, I use SD maid pro to selective clean stuff which I suspect need cleaning
More than anything it is all about personal preferences…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

Said maid pro
This app can do more stuff than just clearing cache.

+1 for SD Maid Pro
First thing I do on a clean flash is app control and toggle auto start components.

Found this app called NoDir, does pretty much what every other cleaner does but is more light-weight . https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...imebrain.nodir
8th October 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 52

463 posts
More
CCLEANER

also many app have a palcebo effect
9th October 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Install clean uninstall, that's it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread