XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ]Google nowless 4.4 launcher

Tip us?

afm1118
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [REQ]Google nowless 4.4 launcher

I really enjoy Google now. I use it all the time. I've been using it since it came out. I also like the left side of my home screen more then the right. I don't need three different ways to get to Google now from the home screen and I definetly dont want to turn off google now. I also don't want to use nova or apex launcher because I've used them for years. Does anybody know where I can find the KitKat launcher without Google now embedded?

Kwongger
Old
Thanks Meter 373

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by afm1118 View Post
I really enjoy Google now. I use it all the time. I've been using it since it came out. I also like the left side of my home screen more then the right. I don't need three different ways to get to Google now from the home screen and I definetly dont want to turn off google now. I also don't want to use nova or apex launcher because I've used them for years. Does anybody know where I can find the KitKat launcher without Google now embedded?
Flash CyanogenMod 11. In cyanogenmod, use "Launcher 3" as your default
Current Devices:

PHONE: None. -_- Waiting on refund for CRAP Nexus 5 from Google. Then I'll buy an HTC One Max

TABLET: None At The Moment... Maybe I'll pick up the Asus Transformer Book Trio

Check out my Super-Tool for the HTC One Max ALL VARIANTS!!!!!

Check out my All-In-One Toolkit Program for the NEXUS 5!!!!!

Check out my All-In-One Toolkit Program for the Shield!!!!!!!!!!!

afm1118
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwongger View Post
Flash CyanogenMod 11. In cyanogenmod, use "Launcher 3" as your default
I'd like to stay somewhat stock for as long as possible. If I start flashing now who knows what I could end up running. If I pull launcher three and run it on stock will it work? Would I need to be deodexed?

sinkster
Old
Thanks Meter 305
There's two or three kitkat launcher clones around, check the xda apps section or google play. Can't recommend one as I'm happy enough with stock, but they seem to be near exact copies.

slosrtnick
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I'm not sure if this works on the nexus 5 since I only got one three days ago, but on my gnex I flashed a KitKat ROM and then flashed bank's core gapps, not the "standard" ones and the launcher wasn't the Google now one. I did it on accident, but it may work for you. Just flash a stock ROM and banks core gapps and it may work.

Nick

vwgti18
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I use this and love it you can turn off the Google now feature

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...itkatlauncher2
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Stevemeister
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Or even better Epic Launcher : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....epic.launcher