XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Request) Sense 5 Launcher

Tip us?

GalaxySN00B:0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Question (Request) Sense 5 Launcher

So theres already almost every launcher available right now on any device, TouchWiz (Why you would want that is beyond me), the Xperia Launcher which is actually really sweet, and the LG G2 launcher has been added recently with an array of features, is there anyone that can port the Sense5 launcher from the HTC One, i know the widgets and things like that are part of the actual framework implemented by HTC so that prob wont work but apart from that is there a way to port over the base launcher atleast? Every other launcher can be done so why not Sense? O.o

P.S. Please dont say why dont i just use nova/apex with a Sense theme or anything like that, they dont look as good, look out of place with different screen sizes and they dont work in the same way, it annoys me when people always say that :S
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxySN00B:0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxySN00B:0 View Post
So theres already almost every launcher available right now on any device, TouchWiz (Why you would want that is beyond me), the Xperia Launcher which is actually really sweet, and the LG G2 launcher has been added recently with an array of features, is there anyone that can port the Sense5 launcher from the HTC One, i know the widgets and things like that are part of the actual framework implemented by HTC so that prob wont work but apart from that is there a way to port over the base launcher atleast? Every other launcher can be done so why not Sense? O.o

P.S. Please dont say why dont i just use nova/apex with a Sense theme or anything like that, they dont look as good, look out of place with different screen sizes and they dont work in the same way, it annoys me when people always say that :S
It needs the htcframework which is notoriously hard to port to other devices.

ch0c0lateb0yctg
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxySN00B:0 View Post

+1
JUST HIT THE THANKS BUTTON INSTEAD OF SAYING IT,IF I HELPED

CHEERS

Sometimes You Need To Do Something Bad To Stop You From Doing Something Worse

Facebook Google Nexus 5 Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/329090347216843/

Shan89
Old
Thanks Meter 2251
It's nearly impossible , tho some guys from s4 managed to port the whole system lol , you might wanna take a look if they could share the info how they did it , tho don't expect even if it gets ported it'll ever work , most of the stuff are and will be broken , mainly hardware related stuff.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC One X - The ultimate guide for battery life + performance[accurate UV values CPU & GPU, GPU OC/UC, EMC Oc(ram) safe freqs][PMC v8 setup for extreme battery and PMC v8 for performance FOR EVERYONE with SMARTMAX governor][SetCPU Guide/ Profiles SENSE & AOSP]-Updated 15.5.2013

Xperia Z1 PORT - App/Launcher/Widgets/Keyboard - ALL DEVICES