Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 Accuweather Widget

Tip us?

radaloel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default S5 Accuweather Widget

Hi guys,just in case anyone can help... I found the apks here in the forum,the stock ones from the Galaxy S5 but ported to work on the S4 TW Roms, the accuweatherphone2014.apk and weatherdaemon2014.apk. For my surprise,just putting them into system app and giving the right permissions and rebooting made them work and the widget appears on the Google Launcher,and works fine,but with one problem. When you tap it and the accuweather app opens, very nice design btw, if you select settings it FCs... Any idea on how to make it work?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505G mediante Tapatalk

radaloel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by radaloel View Post
Hi guys,just in case anyone can help... I found the apks here in the forum,the stock ones from the Galaxy S5 but ported to work on the S4 TW Roms, the accuweatherphone2014.apk and weatherdaemon2014.apk. For my surprise,just putting them into system app and giving the right permissions and rebooting made them work and the widget appears on the Google Launcher,and works fine,but with one problem. When you tap it and the accuweather app opens, very nice design btw, if you select settings it FCs... Any idea on how to make it work?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505G mediante Tapatalk
Ok, found a workaround in case anyone is interested, but needs to have a Galaxy S4. In my case I have one with the GPEdition Rom and everything posted in this Nexus 5 forum works. What I did was to flash a TW ROM, replaced the apks with the S5 ones, set the update frequency and transparency I wanted for the widget, made a backup with Titanium, restored the GPEdition ROM and restored apps and data, and now works perfectly.