Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Standard/Minimal GApps][Closed]

Tip us?
 
UnitedOceanic
Old
#551  
UnitedOceanic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 331
Join Date: Nov 2010
i would love to see a complete gapps package, with g+, docs, translate and earth.
Devices:
  • Google Nexus 4: 4.4.4 Mahdi & Mart1x ➡ daily driver
  • Motorola Milestone: 2.3.7 CM7 ➡ emulator machine & WiFi Drive
  • Sony Ericsson X10 Mini: 4.1.2 PureSlim ➡ Walkman, FM-Radio & WiFi Drive
Don't have Dropbox yet? Get both of us additional 500MB cloud storage free (on top of 2GB) by clicking this referral link!
 
thebrainkafka
Old
#552  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,017
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default AW: [Gapps][Unofficial][4.2.2 JDQ39][2-23-2013]

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedOceanic View Post
i would love to see a complete gapps package, with g+, docs, translate and earth.
These are easily installed by yourself.
 
UnitedOceanic
Old
#553  
UnitedOceanic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 331
Join Date: Nov 2010
I know, but i would love to have them in /system not in /data.
it is a pain to move them system. if you want to do it right.
you have to extract the libs from the apks, resing the apks, move the apps to /system/app and the libs to /system/libs and set the permissions.

I have more than 400mb free space in /system and it is just wasted space!
Devices:
  • Google Nexus 4: 4.4.4 Mahdi & Mart1x ➡ daily driver
  • Motorola Milestone: 2.3.7 CM7 ➡ emulator machine & WiFi Drive
  • Sony Ericsson X10 Mini: 4.1.2 PureSlim ➡ Walkman, FM-Radio & WiFi Drive
Don't have Dropbox yet? Get both of us additional 500MB cloud storage free (on top of 2GB) by clicking this referral link!
 
BaNkS
Old
#554  
BaNkS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9,748
Posts: 2,681
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston,TX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrainkafka View Post
Perhabs Bank can state this more clear. EG. No for every not included?
Thx
Well it states in the first post which is in which package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptichalouf View Post
Thanks banks for loving my topic I use your gapps for all build

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 4 avec Tapatalk
Thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by iknight8 View Post
Never knew GApps were 99.1 MB
If i want to download the standard GApps, should I download this from the folder: JDQ39 BANKs Keyboard-Photosphere.zip?
Thats because it has a little more stuff like the Stock Keyboard which is like 15 mb. You can download any of the packages from either Mediafire or Dev-Host. That package has the Stock Keyboard and Photosphere Camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedOceanic View Post
i would love to see a complete gapps package, with g+, docs, translate and earth.
You can all the extras from the Market and i don't want to bloat the zips down with all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedOceanic View Post
I know, but i would love to have them in /system not in /data.
it is a pain to move them system. if you want to do it right.
you have to extract the libs from the apks, resing the apks, move the apps to /system/app and the libs to /system/libs and set the permissions.

I have more than 400mb free space in /system and it is just wasted space!
That's a pain to do. Most of the Gapps that come in the zip are meant to be in system/app and would probably forceclose otherwise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaNkS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
chachin
Old
#555  
chachin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 189
Posts: 594
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston TX
so I downloaded the 1st link worth 99+MB and when I go to camera I dont see photosphere... why isnt it there oh and im on lg optimus g with 4.2.2 so it should be there.. but why isnt it there?
 
chikimonke
Old
#556  
chikimonke's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,733
Posts: 1,858
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Default Re: [Gapps][Unofficial][4.2.2 JDQ39][2-23-2013]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachin View Post
so I downloaded the 1st link worth 99+MB and when I go to camera I dont see photosphere... why isnt it there oh and im on lg optimus g with 4.2.2 so it should be there.. but why isnt it there?
I believe, if I remember correctly, that I read photosphere would only install on Nexus devices per Google. Almost positive that's what read when it first came out.
 
75markus
Old
#557  
75markus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,575
Posts: 1,668
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ★★ 127.0.0.1 Device : Nexus, what else ★ born to be root ★
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikimonke View Post
I believe, if I remember correctly, that I read photosphere would only install on Nexus devices per Google. Almost positive that's what read when it first came out.
you´re right, because of this lines in install-optional.sh :

Code:
if (grep -qi "mako" /proc/cpuinfo ); then
  echo "Installing Mako-specific google bits"
  rm -f /system/app/Gallery2.apk
  cp -a /tmp/photosphere/mako/* /system/
  cp -a /tmp/photosphere/lib/* /system/lib/
  chmod 755 /system/addon.d/73-gapps-mako.sh
 
BaNkS
Old
#558  
BaNkS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9,748
Posts: 2,681
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston,TX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chachin View Post
so I downloaded the 1st link worth 99+MB and when I go to camera I dont see photosphere... why isnt it there oh and im on lg optimus g with 4.2.2 so it should be there.. but why isnt it there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikimonke View Post
I believe, if I remember correctly, that I read photosphere would only install on Nexus devices per Google. Almost positive that's what read when it first came out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75markus View Post
you´re right, because of this lines in install-optional.sh :

Code:
if (grep -qi "mako" /proc/cpuinfo ); then
  echo "Installing Mako-specific google bits"
  rm -f /system/app/Gallery2.apk
  cp -a /tmp/photosphere/mako/* /system/
  cp -a /tmp/photosphere/lib/* /system/lib/
  chmod 755 /system/addon.d/73-gapps-mako.sh
You sir are correct. Only installs on N4, N10, Gnex because of how gapps zip is setup with the scripts. Will it work on other phones? Most likely yeah, but since I am using official gapps structure zip, it will only flash to those phones.
 
bombthreat
Old
(Last edited by bombthreat; 25th February 2013 at 04:42 PM.)
#559  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stuttgart
I have a problem with adding profile pictures to the People app.
I use the GalleryGoogle.apk and get Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped when choosing a photo from my Picasa albums.
 
chikimonke
Old
#560  
chikimonke's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,733
Posts: 1,858
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaNkS View Post
You sir are correct. Only installs on N4, N10, Gnex because of how gapps zip is setup with the scripts. Will it work on other phones? Most likely yeah, but since I am using official gapps structure zip, it will only flash to those phones.
Nailed it!

Tags
banks, gapps
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes