Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stock clock/alarm app, alarm notification icon keeps disappearing.

OP Raistlin1

18th January 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #11  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 10

103 posts
Donate to Me
More
I noticed this when I had Timely installed and even when I turned to alarm in it off it still made it disappear. I would suggest if you have any time or other app as such remove them and see if the issue continues.

I uninstalled Timely and it works as it should now.

Hope it helps.

TY
The Following User Says Thank You to millowster07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millowster07

I noticed this when I had Timely installed and even when I turned to alarm in it off it still made it disappear. I would suggest if you have any time or other app as such remove them and see if the issue continues.

I uninstalled Timely and it works as it should now.

Hope it helps.

TY

I had this exact same problem with Timely installed. I uninstalled Timely and my alarm clock notification no longer disappears and reappears.

I hope this works for you.
20th February 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #13  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
More
I have the same problem (stock, un-rooted Nexus 5). What I've seen too is that it only disappears if I'm connected to WiFi. If I'm connected to T-Mobile's network, then the alarm notification displays just fine. But shortly after it connects to a WiFi network, the icon disappears.
20th February 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
In some of the Google support forums, a guy with the issue root-caused it back to the latest version of the Pandora App. Seems that ever since Pandora added alarm clock / wake-up functionality, it conflicts with the stock alarm icon.

I uninstalled Pandora a few days ago ... and my alarm icon is back to behaving normally.
The Following User Says Thank You to btappan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #15  
Flag OH
Thanks Meter: 31

155 posts
Donate to Me
More
i have the same issue with the icon... i do have timely... but it doesnt conflict with the app actually working... my alarms always go off even tho icon is not visible
15th May 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 5

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaco81

i have the same issue with the icon... i do have timely... but it doesnt conflict with the app actually working... my alarms always go off even tho icon is not visible

i have no timely and no pandora but my alarm icon disappears anyway.. maybe xposed wanam makes some trouble with it cuz I modified all the colors of the statusbar icons? hmm... did somebody get another solution in the meantime?
15th May 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #17  
Flag Glenview, IL
Thanks Meter: 94

263 posts
More
My alarm icons only appear exactly two hours before the alarm is set to go off.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread