Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 46,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[THEME] [ART] (r1) Lollipop theme for Purity ROM 21/07

Tip us?

alen1901
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6616
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnabelmartie View Post
Yes, it's really nice. first time to have a boot animation hehe. But when flashing roms, it will just show black screen like what you've said? But will it still push through and rom to work normally?

A bit still confused though, you said to remove only the media folder if doesn't want boot animation

So For the next update, unzip first, remove media and flash? Then okay to remove old zip files?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Dont touch ROM files. When you download my theme, just open it (dont extract) with 7zip or winrar and delete media folder. Then put it on your phone and flash. That way you wont flash my bootanimation. If you reflash your rom, you will again loose my theme and bootanimation. Next time ill make separate zip for bootanimation.

Sent from Pure Nexus 5
Nexus 5
ROM: Purity
KERNEL: Code_Blue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nexus 5 Purity rom THEMES. click.

Nexus 4 Purity rom THEMES. click.

My Galaxy S4 lockscreen for Galaxy S2. click.

donnabelmartie
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by alen1901 View Post
Dont touch ROM files. When you download my theme, just open it (dont extract) with 7zip or winrar and delete media folder. Then put it on your phone and flash. That way you wont flash my bootanimation. If you reflash your rom, you will again loose my theme and bootanimation. Next time ill make separate zip for bootanimation.

Sent from Pure Nexus 5
Okay. So in order for the boot animation to work, the media folder really needs to be deleted before flashing?

When another purity update is up, so that means I have your theme and boot animation in it, it will be cut off and will turn to dark screen as one of the bugs you've found, right? Then my question is will the updated rom still work normally?

Good thing though it still worked with the method I used. Flashed, downloaded rar for Android, extracted, deleted the media folder then reboot.

So on your next update, still directly flash over the previous version?

What I meant of deleting zip files is that, the previous files like say r1 when there is already a new one just to save memory and avoid unnecessary files.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
N4: Purity-Hells Core Manager
N5: Purity-Elemental X

alen1901
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6616
Please read carefully what i wrote, i dont want to repeat myself all over again. just flash my theme if you want to have android L look and bootanimation. Thats easier

Sent from Pure Nexus 5
Nexus 5
ROM: Purity
KERNEL: Code_Blue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nexus 5 Purity rom THEMES. click.

Nexus 4 Purity rom THEMES. click.

My Galaxy S4 lockscreen for Galaxy S2. click.

crazy1990
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alen1901 View Post
There shouldnt be a problem, but 2 guys reported that it wasnt working after update through purity u2d, so i think that messes things up. I can suggest this when update throught app comes: flash revert zip, reboot your phone, update through purity u2d, reboot, flash my theme.

Sent from Pure Nexus 5

Okay. Now I understand much clearer. Thank you for your help. I appreciated it very much.

chazall1
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Nice job guys! Working great on 7.21
Thanks
Nexus 5 - Purity / Omni with Franco / ElementalX
ChromeCast - Rooted with Eureka-ROM
Tags
black, black purity vision, purity themes, theme, vision