XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xposed mod for notification led?

Tip us?

melkhatt
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.alapati View Post
Hi, just wondering of there is a mod for xposed which let's you increase the led blink rate for the stock rom? I don't want to use 3rd party apps 😪

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
I'm not sure if this is what you're lookin' for but , in GravityBox in "Display tweaks" there's an "option for controlling pulse notification light delay (frequency)"

X-Jonte-X
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTIVVI View Post
How is this module on battery drain?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
So far it does not appear in my battery consumption list. For me it's quite good.
Phone: Nexus 5 - unlocked - rooted (superuser)
ROM: Stock Android 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
Mods: Xposed -> Gravity Box - Greenify - RootCloak - AppOps

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) sold

Device: Nexus 10 Android 4.4.2 all stock

kolyan
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Jonte-X View Post
So far it does not appear in my battery consumption list. For me it's quite good.
Tried this module and it didn't work with Hangouts

david279
Old
Thanks Meter 1430

DONATE TO ME
I tried this and the led would only blink for a second

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

------------------------

My G+ Profile

BB PIN: 79807B1C

nickmv
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbear View Post
I have none of those problems personally. Plus the LED customizations in most ROMs are not as complete as Lightflow.
Oh and it allows me to have Dashclock entries for apps that don't have extensions (e.g. AOSP email app). This is actually the main reason I use Lightflow.
You actually do have some of these problems, but you don't realize it. There's no battery drain issue, bnut there are definitely bugs in it, that are due to Android's handling of the LED.

1. Rapid blinking of multiple colors when turning screen off -- this happens often, but is by design. I've spoken with the developer and he said there's several situations where Android will screw up the handling of the LED blinking and end up permanently blinking until you restart. Part of the fix for this is to rapidly blink a bunch of colors, which takes care of the issue. This doesn't occur every single time you turn the screen off, but it does happen often. You probably just haven't noticed it, and that's the point -- it's avoiding an annoying bug.

2. Blinking randomly when there is no notification --- this is still a problem, but has been mitigated a good bit over the past few updates. The phone sometimes will just blink for absolutely no reason at all. No notifications, etc, but it'll blink.

Those are the 2 main issues. It also tends to crash on occasion, but again the latest version has fixed/improved that issue.

ctbear
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv View Post
You actually do have some of these problems, but you don't realize it. There's no battery drain issue, bnut there are definitely bugs in it, that are due to Android's handling of the LED.

1. Rapid blinking of multiple colors when turning screen off -- this happens often, but is by design. I've spoken with the developer and he said there's several situations where Android will screw up the handling of the LED blinking and end up permanently blinking until you restart. Part of the fix for this is to rapidly blink a bunch of colors, which takes care of the issue. This doesn't occur every single time you turn the screen off, but it does happen often. You probably just haven't noticed it, and that's the point -- it's avoiding an annoying bug.

2. Blinking randomly when there is no notification --- this is still a problem, but has been mitigated a good bit over the past few updates. The phone sometimes will just blink for absolutely no reason at all. No notifications, etc, but it'll blink.

Those are the 2 main issues. It also tends to crash on occasion, but again the latest version has fixed/improved that issue.
Again, I have never had these 2 issues. You said #1 happens often, then it probably isn't often enough for me. I always have the phone in front of me and I rarely restart my phone so if it did happen, I would have noticed it.
How many apps do you enable in Lightflow? If you have many pending notifications from many apps at the same time, then I can see how it could potentially mess up. I'm letting Lightflow control the LED for 4 apps only (Hangout, Gmail, Email, Whatsapp).

wim69
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Light manager is a fine alternative to light flow. I am using it for a few weeks now and it fits my needs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 5 Unlocked Bootloader, rooted
Stock Rom 4.4.2
Stock kernel
TWRP recovery