Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,862 Members 45,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Creating a CWM flashable zip

Tip us?

PlutoDelic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Default [Q] Creating a CWM flashable zip

Can anybody point me out how to create a CWM flashable zip? i did find a lot of topics, but i've noticed that any ZIP package has to be phone specific, at least a glimpse on the updater-script showed me partition names which i am very unfamiliar with.

The simplest method gives you a zip file where all you have to do is put system.img, boot.img and recovery.img on it, and a very basic script (i think):

Code:
ui_print("Starting ...");
ui_print(" ");
ui_print("Boot Partition Writing ...");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8");
ui_print("System Partition Writing ... ");
package_extract_file("system.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p15");
ui_print("Recovery Partition Writing ... ");
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p13");
ui_print("Pass");
ui_print("Wipe data & Cache & Dalvik and reboot system ");
however, the code above, i found it on the GT-i9001 threads, so i dont want to risk anything...especially with the partition blocks.

the point of this thread is to convert our odin packages to cwm flshable zips, though the reason behind it is trying to flash a 4.2 rom from a identical device as ours, in fact, it is the same device, for more info check this thread

mohamed_fattoh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i think it's already exist now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoDelic View Post
Can anybody point me out how to create a CWM flashable zip? i did find a lot of topics, but i've noticed that any ZIP package has to be phone specific, at least a glimpse on the updater-script showed me partition names which i am very unfamiliar with.

The simplest method gives you a zip file where all you have to do is put system.img, boot.img and recovery.img on it, and a very basic script (i think):

Code:
ui_print("Starting ...");
ui_print(" ");
ui_print("Boot Partition Writing ...");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8");
ui_print("System Partition Writing ... ");
package_extract_file("system.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p15");
ui_print("Recovery Partition Writing ... ");
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p13");
ui_print("Pass");
ui_print("Wipe data & Cache & Dalvik and reboot system ");
however, the code above, i found it on the GT-i9001 threads, so i dont want to risk anything...especially with the partition blocks.

the point of this thread is to convert our odin packages to cwm flshable zips, though the reason behind it is trying to flash a 4.2 rom from a identical device as ours, in fact, it is the same device, for more info check this thread
The below can be used fro CWM. I didn't try it yet, but it was posted in tools and utilities section.
Attached Files
File Type: zip philz_touch_6.43.8-delos3geur.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.22 MB, 3 views)

PlutoDelic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamed_fattoh View Post
The below can be used fro CWM. I didn't try it yet, but it was posted in tools and utilities section.
Oh, you probably misunderstood me. I needed to know how to create a ZIP so i can flash it through CWM. I already have it, exactly what you've pasted , thnx for trying to help btw.

theguynamedjake
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Check this this out. http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qWyNG8O

Might be a flashable i8558 rom. Muamk1

It semms that download links for i8558 custom roms are removed from their sites.

Got that link fromb http://m.romjd.com/Rom/Detail/35720

Another rom here. http://m.romjd.com/Rom/Detail/27609
Tags
cwm, gt-i8552, gt-i8558