TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] CWM reboot loop on a french GT-i8552

OP dorian_nadaud

5th July 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello everyone, it's with a great thrill that I found a couple of days back the existance of the beautiful wackyrom available on your forum.
After considering it I took willingly the risk of installing it... and following all indications of flashing cwm via odin and wiping all for of data in the proper oder, I got myself stuck in a pretty unpleasant situation : CMW recovery loop. I tried to start from scratch again and again and I even tried to go back on the stock firmware (which wasn't the original french one installed on my phone but a foreign one). I know I may have made a newbie mistake, but seeing the strength of your helping community Im hoping to revive what now looks more to me like a brick phone than ever. In advance, I thank all attention and anwsers to my case.
5th July 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 124

352 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian_nadaud

Hello everyone, it's with a great thrill that I found a couple of days back the existance of the beautiful wackyrom available on your forum.
After considering it I took willingly the risk of installing it... and following all indications of flashing cwm via odin and wiping all for of data in the proper oder, I got myself stuck in a pretty unpleasant situation : CMW recovery loop. I tried to start from scratch again and again and I even tried to go back on the stock firmware (which wasn't the original french one installed on my phone but a foreign one). I know I may have made a newbie mistake, but seeing the strength of your helping community Im hoping to revive what now looks more to me like a brick phone than ever. In advance, I thank all attention and anwsers to my case.

Flash this Stock recovery via odin : http://d-h.st/hcA

Instruction:
1) Put phone in download mode by powering off ,home button and volume down while plugging the phone into the computer(if don't and don't understand search google their are many guides and videos for it)
2) You should now see the first square in Odin turn yellow and say "Ready"
3) Click on the pda tab in Odin and select the Stock_Recovery_GT-I8552.tar you downloaded
4) Click start and wait for your phone to reboot
5) Done!
Last edited by lols21.10; 5th July 2014 at 04:58 PM.
5th July 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Well, I should have added that to the list of things that I have tried before. The only divergence to your methode is the fact that the keys to force start the downloading mode does not work so I only can acces it thrue a restart in downloading mode within CWM...
5th July 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
I have wiped all pilots/kies traces off my computer, checked rooting of the phone using kingo android root, reinstall my drivers from scratch and yet Odin still dont recognise it.. Does anyone have a clue?
9th October 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #5  

3 posts
More
my GT-i8552 stuck in cwm boot looping
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian_nadaud

I have wiped all pilots/kies traces off my computer, checked rooting of the phone using kingo android root, reinstall my drivers from scratch and yet Odin still dont recognise it.. Does anyone have a clue?

I also have the same problem. I have read all threads from google about this matter, that say flash rom, clear whatever2, blaz bla
BUT, still for 3 days I cant fix it. when it stuck in boot looping or turn off, odin didnt recognise my phone
9th October 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 9

26 posts
More
Dear friends,
Install Samsung kies and it will install all the proper drivers for your phone.

Then use another port of your pc or laptop to connect with odin.
If changing your pc ports doesn't work then try to install kies on another pc perhaps.

After the phone gets connected to pc follow @lols21.10 instructions.

Worth a try.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk
9th October 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #7  
Flag Manaus, AM
Thanks Meter: 155

252 posts
More
Also: if Odin don't recognize your phone, try to change your usb cable
10th October 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

25 posts
More
Changing PCs worked for me a while back.
14th October 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #9  

3 posts
More
Unhappy not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by devesh9

Dear friends,
Install Samsung kies and it will install all the proper drivers for your phone.

Then use another port of your pc or laptop to connect with odin.
If changing your pc ports doesn't work then try to install kies on another pc perhaps.

After the phone gets connected to pc follow @lols21.10 instructions.

Worth a try.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk

hi, i have install kies and odin. but with problem of cwm boot, pc/ odin/kies cant recognize my i8552 since it need to be turn on in normal mode. i have tried with another cable and port, as well as from pc to laptop, but still not recognize. pls help me
14th October 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #10  
Flag Manaus, AM
Thanks Meter: 155

252 posts
More
Does Odin recognize your phone when in download mode?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread