[Q] Fixed a CWM reboot loop but doubled data on the device
** Solved **
I found the very large backup file in the clockworkmod/backup folder and deleted it. All my prior free space has returned.
I will leave this post up if it may help someone else and I deserve the shame.
First post and admitted noob. I already bricked my device once before but got it repaired by Samsung. But, I just can't stop messing around and apparently messing things up.
1. I previously had installed CWM 22.214.171.124 and rooted my device.
2. Today I flashed CWM 126.96.36.199. So far so good.
3. Using ROM Manager I made a backup of my ROM. This restarted the device into CWM and apparently made a backup.
4. I choose to reboot from within CWM and the device restarted into CWM
5. Repeat step 4
6. I chose to restore ROM from within CWM and it apparently restored it.
7. Reboot from within CWM and the device restarted into CWM.
8. I followed these instructions found in this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gran...i8552-t2805964
Originally Posted by lols21.10
Flash this Stock recovery via odin : http://d-h.st/hcA
1) Put phone in download mode by powering off ,home button and volume down while plugging the phone into the computer(if don't and don't understand search google their are many guides and videos for it)
2) You should now see the first square in Odin turn yellow and say "Ready"
3) Click on the pda tab in Odin and select the Stock_Recovery_GT-I8552.tar you downloaded
4) Click start and wait for your phone to reboot
9. Restarted device and it booted normally (hooray!)
10. I am now using double the data on my internal storage.
Before I started this journey I was using 2.4g of internal memory now I am using 4.5. I have 500mb left.
Is there any way to solve this problem?