FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Question regarding flashing of CWM Advanced Edition PhilZ Touch (6.43.8) recovery.

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kartiksharma, Junior Member on 28th September 2015, 11:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
MY PROBLEM : When i wipe the dalvik cache before flashing a new rom, the following message shows "E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]", and i always get stuck in bootloop. So i have to reflash cwm(6.0.4.5)via odin. Even after reflashing, when i go in the recovery and again clear the dalvik, i get the same message ,and again,the device gets stuck in bootloop. So this means that everytime i have to flash a ROM , i will have to reflash the cwm via odin,because of the above mentioned error. I have got the following questions :
1) How can this issue be fixed? (I searched the q&a and the fix for the bootloop was given that reflash the cwm, but that didnt fix the E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext] error)
2) Will flashing the latest philz recovery fix this error E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]??
3) If i flash the latest recovery by philz, will the nandroid backup of my stock rom made from my old cwm recovery 6.0.4.5 work with the philz recovery, or will i have to first restore the stock rom via cwm(6.0.4.5), update the cwm by flashing the philz recovery,then make a nandroid backup of my stock rom via the philz recovery?

28th September 2015, 03:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Are u following the proper order? You first need to wipe the cache and then wipe the dalvik cache. Otherwise just flash stock ROM vi odin
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)