FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

[DEV][KERNEL][CAF]Gluon Kernel[24 JUL][ALPHA-4]

709 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,757

By yajnab, Recognized Contributor on 6th July 2014, 12:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th April 2015, 12:22 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryno46

Flashing Kernel may Void your warranty, but I will advice you to flash Gluon as it will give a new life to your Phone (Though I am not held responsible for any mistake you make during flashing it).
I used it on my stock rom for more than 6 months with amazing performance and battery backup.

First go to Settings>Developer options and enable USB Debugging
Go ahead follow the steps properly and flash it. (Root Needed) Don't know how? Check here

1. Install ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7. You'll find it here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2669806
2. Copy Gluon Kernel zip into your extSDcard.
3. Reboot to recovery
4. Select Install zip from sdcard and find the Gluon Kernel Zip and install it.
5. Reboot and check the name of the Kernel in About section.

Thank you for detail guide, i am using gluon kernel now, do i get to play wit it's feature or i cnt change anything at all, all feature are fixed?

20th April 2015, 04:50 PM |#112  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 156

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up It is Tuned at it's Best
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngaia

Thank you for detail guide, i am using gluon kernel now, do i get to play wit it's feature or i cnt change anything at all, all feature are fixed?

The only thing you can play with is it's Governors. I suggest intellidemand & Interactive.
Use Performance Control App from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2401988

Also you can enable fast charge option with the above app. It works great.

Gluon=Performance & Power. Thanks to @yajnab

Have fun...
30th April 2015, 04:39 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
which rom is the best
im using this kernel on stock rom, is there any beter rom over stock rom, it's not that i dnt like stock rom, i heard that this kernel is not fast enough on stock rom. any sugestion plzz
27th May 2015, 06:17 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:

im using this kernel on stock rom, is there any beter rom over stock rom, it's not that i dnt like stock rom, i heard that this kernel is not fast enough on stock rom. any sugestion plzz

Cosmic rom

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app
16th June 2015, 10:22 PM |#115  
Quote:

Hello,
The Gluon Apha 4 its the kernel by Droidwin series V3.1 and V3.2, working together AOKP Performance Control
This is a nice combination
Yesterday, 05:02 PM |#116  
Flag Prishtina
Thanks Meter: 146

More
@yajnab

I am not a dev, but i'd dare asking this question, and from your perspective it my be a useless one.

I know the Kernel just reached a year of halt in maintenance, and that is probably due to lack of resources. I am wondering if Samsung ever updated the Sources Here and if the Latest Odin Package could be of any use to update the kernel at least to the latest stuff that is out there?

Your kernel is the widely preferred one, and i doubt we will ever see any maintenance for it in the future from samsung, all i care is having the latest stuff available so we can rest this case once and for all :P.

Regards and thanks for your amazing work.
Yesterday, 05:15 PM |#117  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 2,757

More
Smile Keep your hopes live
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoDelic

@yajnab

I am not a dev, but i'd dare asking this question, and from your perspective it my be a useless one.

I know the Kernel just reached a year of halt in maintenance, and that is probably due to lack of resources. I am wondering if Samsung ever updated the Sources Here and if the Latest Odin Package could be of any use to update the kernel at least to the latest stuff that is out there?

Your kernel is the widely preferred one, and i doubt we will ever see any maintenance for it in the future from samsung, all i care is having the latest stuff available so we can rest this case once and for all :P.

Regards and thanks for your amazing work.

The Chipset which this device uses, i.e, msm8625 is a modified version of msm7x27a. This board is abondoned by Qualcomm and CodeAuroraForum, so dont expect any official development.
ODIN is a flash package and it cant do any updation to your phone.

You never know what comes, keep hope. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN ANYTIME.
The Following User Says Thank You to yajnab For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread