FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[DEV][KERNEL][CAF]Gluon Kernel[24 JUL][ALPHA-4]

709 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,760
 
By yajnab, Recognized Contributor on 6th July 2014, 12:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th April 2015, 12:22 PM |#111  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryno46

Flashing Kernel may Void your warranty, but I will advice you to flash Gluon as it will give a new life to your Phone (Though I am not held responsible for any mistake you make during flashing it).
I used it on my stock rom for more than 6 months with amazing performance and battery backup.

First go to Settings>Developer options and enable USB Debugging
Go ahead follow the steps properly and flash it. (Root Needed) Don't know how? Check here


1. Install ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7. You'll find it here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2669806
2. Copy Gluon Kernel zip into your extSDcard.
3. Reboot to recovery
4. Select Install zip from sdcard and find the Gluon Kernel Zip and install it.
5. Reboot and check the name of the Kernel in About section.

Thank you for detail guide, i am using gluon kernel now, do i get to play wit it's feature or i cnt change anything at all, all feature are fixed?
 
 
20th April 2015, 04:50 PM |#112  
mysteryno46's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 157
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up It is Tuned at it's Best
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngaia

Thank you for detail guide, i am using gluon kernel now, do i get to play wit it's feature or i cnt change anything at all, all feature are fixed?

The only thing you can play with is it's Governors. I suggest intellidemand & Interactive.
Use Performance Control App from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2401988

Also you can enable fast charge option with the above app. It works great.

Gluon=Performance & Power. Thanks to @yajnab

Have fun...
30th April 2015, 04:39 AM |#113  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
which rom is the best
im using this kernel on stock rom, is there any beter rom over stock rom, it's not that i dnt like stock rom, i heard that this kernel is not fast enough on stock rom. any sugestion plzz
27th May 2015, 06:17 PM |#114  
h.d.z's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngaia

im using this kernel on stock rom, is there any beter rom over stock rom, it's not that i dnt like stock rom, i heard that this kernel is not fast enough on stock rom. any sugestion plzz

Cosmic rom

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app
16th June 2015, 10:22 PM |#115  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngaia

im using this kernel on stock rom, is there any beter rom over stock rom, it's not that i dnt like stock rom, i heard that this kernel is not fast enough on stock rom. any sugestion plzz

Hello,
The Gluon Apha 4 its the kernel by Droidwin series V3.1 and V3.2, working together AOKP Performance Control
This is a nice combination
29th July 2015, 05:02 PM |#116  
Senior Member
Flag Prishtina
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
@yajnab

I am not a dev, but i'd dare asking this question, and from your perspective it my be a useless one.

I know the Kernel just reached a year of halt in maintenance, and that is probably due to lack of resources. I am wondering if Samsung ever updated the Sources Here and if the Latest Odin Package could be of any use to update the kernel at least to the latest stuff that is out there?

Your kernel is the widely preferred one, and i doubt we will ever see any maintenance for it in the future from samsung, all i care is having the latest stuff available so we can rest this case once and for all :P.

Regards and thanks for your amazing work.
29th July 2015, 05:15 PM |#117  
yajnab's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 2,760
 
More
Smile Keep your hopes live
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoDelic

@yajnab

I am not a dev, but i'd dare asking this question, and from your perspective it my be a useless one.

I know the Kernel just reached a year of halt in maintenance, and that is probably due to lack of resources. I am wondering if Samsung ever updated the Sources Here and if the Latest Odin Package could be of any use to update the kernel at least to the latest stuff that is out there?

Your kernel is the widely preferred one, and i doubt we will ever see any maintenance for it in the future from samsung, all i care is having the latest stuff available so we can rest this case once and for all :P.

Regards and thanks for your amazing work.

The Chipset which this device uses, i.e, msm8625 is a modified version of msm7x27a. This board is abondoned by Qualcomm and CodeAuroraForum, so dont expect any official development.
ODIN is a flash package and it cant do any updation to your phone.

You never know what comes, keep hope. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN ANYTIME.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yajnab For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2015, 01:53 PM |#118  
mysteryno46's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 157
 
Donate to Me
More
Wink Fingers Crossed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yajnab

The Chipset which this device uses, i.e, msm8625 is a modified version of msm7x27a. This board is abondoned by Qualcomm and CodeAuroraForum, so dont expect any official development.
ODIN is a flash package and it cant do any updation to your phone.

You never know what comes, keep hope. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN ANYTIME.

Waiting for that surprise from a long time @yajnab. No worries, still waiting.
Me and @mjraogr discussed couple of days back, if incase we aren't able to get the device, we'll directly donate whatever amount we have gathered from the confirmed people ready to contribute. You have done alot for this device and many others too. GOD shall Bless you with more Wisdom, Peace, Intelligence and last but not the least Vitamin M.

Awaiting for your Bomb Dropping...
The Following User Says Thank You to mysteryno46 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2015, 04:13 PM |#119  
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryno46

Waiting for that surprise from a long time @yajnab. No worries, still waiting.
Me and @mjraogr discussed couple of days back, if incase we aren't able to get the device, we'll directly donate whatever amount we have gathered from the confirmed people ready to contribute. You have done alot for this device and many others too. GOD shall Bless you with more Wisdom, Peace, Intelligence and last but not the least Vitamin M.

Awaiting for your Bomb Dropping...

Nice words @mysteryno46
Yeah my friends, Its the better thing that we should to do and keep hope to the new surprise. The I8552 owners confirmed can donate, btw this kernel it's the better combination for device
We have really that you is a great and engaged developer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes