ARUnchained + Reloaded + Android Sticks

OP ecsnead69

31st July 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 247

412 posts
This will be a thread for ARUnchained users that are using Android Sticks instead of the traditional phone as their interface device. Any users that have info or tips, please feel free to post and lend a hand. I would like to see setups, tips, tricks, ROMs, kernels, etc. Basically anything that new or even experienced users would like to know or learn.

I will be getting my CX-919 soon and I will be posting my experience in getting everything setup and going. But don't wait for me, anybody that has already been through this, get things going. I may need the help!

Lets get rolling.......................
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ecsnead69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #2  
texas
Thanks Meter: 184

949 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mk809iii working flawlessly with arur version 6

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to m.a.s.e For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 207

598 posts
More
I'm tired plugged/unplugged my N5 daily. Would like a more permanent solution. Please do share your setup tips. And which model works best with ARU? Amazon link please.
31st July 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.a.s.e

Mk809iii working flawlessly with arur version 6

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks! Are you able to use GPS? If so, how do you do it?

Sent from my SM-G900M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st July 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #5  
texas

949 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is the one i bought:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
its dual core - way more then enough to put in the car.
rooting the stick took me a while to find the right method for this specific model, but i got it and it worked like a charm. rooted in 1 minute. If u guys end up buying the same stick i will upload and write instructions.

i have the App Radio 3 with the pioneer original android cable kit which is perfect.
it give power to the stick and it is connected via HDMI.

there are other custom ROMS for this stick but i found them useless to my needs since all they do is claim that 1080P support is better improved, which is irrelevant to our case since we never gona stream 1080P in the car.

i set up my google account and it took me roughly 1 hour to get everything set up the way my phone is...
since its an android stick and im not afraid of battery drain i put a live wallpaper on it which was cool.

it get internet via my phone tethering, works like a charm.
the first initial set up needed a keyboard and a mice. after that i also purchased one as a backup:
just to have it in the car, just in case...

also dont forget to buy this if u are using an HDMI cable coming out of ur App Radio:

other then that ARU-Reloaded worked perfectly on that model,
sometimes the stick BT get disconnected , u know like any other software they all got bugs, but after 10 seconds its reconnect and ARU - Reloaded recognize that and reconnect automatically.
ARUR is set to start on boot so all i need is to turn the car on and i measured 1.30 minutes till i get touches.
GPS always worked for me with zero issues when ARUR is connected.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m.a.s.e For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 17

149 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.a.s.e

This is the one i bought:
its dual core - way more then enough to put in the car.
rooting the stick took me a while to find the right method for this specific model, but i got it and it worked like a charm. rooted in 1 minute. If u guys end up buying the same stick i will upload and write instructions.

i have the App Radio 3 with the pioneer original android cable kit which is perfect.
it give power to the stick and it is connected via HDMI.

there are other custom ROMS for this stick but i found them useless to my needs since all they do is claim that 1080P support is better improved, which is irrelevant to our case since we never gona stream 1080P in the car.

i set up my google account and it took me roughly 1 hour to get everything set up the way my phone is...
since its an android stick and im not afraid of battery drain i put a live wallpaper on it which was cool.

it get internet via my phone tethering, works like a charm.
the first initial set up needed a keyboard and a mice. after that i also purchased one as a backup:
just to have it in the car, just in case...

also dont forget to buy this if u are using an HDMI cable coming out of ur App Radio:

other then that ARU-Reloaded worked perfectly on that model,
sometimes the stick BT get disconnected , u know like any other software they all got bugs, but after 10 seconds its reconnect and ARU - Reloaded recognize that and reconnect automatically.
ARUR is set to start on boot so all i need is to turn the car on and i measured 1.30 minutes till i get touches.
GPS always worked for me with zero issues when ARUR is connected.

I just ordered the stick that you linked on Amazon. Should be here Saturday. I'll definitely need to pick your brain on rooting this. Are you running constant power or is it shutting off every time you shut the car off?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
31st July 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 247

412 posts
@m.a.s.e

Did you install GPS Injector? Are you using Maps?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
31st July 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #8  
texas

949 posts
Donate to Me
More
to answer your questions:
1. i am using ARU reloaded hence the injector app is pre installed and no need for a separate app. i am using google maps, but any other GPS app will work. The stick get immediate GPS lock on my car with no issues.

With ARU-R (reloaded) you can configure some settings like auto start on boot etc... There are some recommended config for sticks and that works great for me.

2. ill gather the root files and write a txt with short instructions and upload to this forum for those who buy the mk809III and want to root it.... its simple and require 3 reboots of the stick... overall roughly 2 minutes work. after that u are rooted.
u will need a keyboard and a mice in ur car for the initial setup, after that ur good.. (connect to the car BT) .

3. I am connected to power with the AR3 android KIT, each time i turn off my car the stick loses power. From starting the car to full connection i measured 1.45 minutes. which is not bad.
i looked at connecting the stick directly to the car battery but honestly 1.30 minutes is not bad at all...

4. if you are using an HDMI cable from ur AR HU to ur stick dont forget to buy this:
that way u dont need to take the HU out to put the stick directly to the radio and u can leave the stick in the glove box for easy convenience.

what else do u guys need to know?
next thing i am looking at is see how i can get a SIM connected to the stick via USB... my only prob is how to get a sim from my carrier that wont cost me pewr month...
31st July 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #9  
texas

949 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi All,
ok so i have zipped the files needed to root the MK809III and added additional files:
Instructions:
Use Windows 7.

*. Unrar the compressed file to a folder on ur computer.
*. Plug the stick power supply to the wall outlet.
*. Attach the supplied micro USB to the SIDE micro usb port on the stick.
*. Connect to your computer USB port.
*. Let windows "try" to find the drivers, it will fail.
*. Point to the "Driver" folder i provided for the appropriate driver (go to the subfolder per ur OS).
--- if this doesnt work for u, let me know i have additional files and i dont remember which one worked, ill supply if needed ---
*. After driver installed and u verified the device is recognized in device manager go to the folder u extracted and run "TPSparkyRoot.bat"
*. Follow the script instructions. If will ask u to connect --> it will say if it recognized and ask u to click the enter key to reboot the stick --> let it reboot, once it is again recognized in ur USB port and fully powered on --> click enter again on the script --> repeat this step according to the script output 3 times.
*. After the stick is rebooted 3 times (never take it out of the USB port) it will be rooted on the last reboot.
*. Configure to ur home WiFi.
*. Configure ur google account and everything as u want.
*. Run to ur car with a stupid smile on ur face and tell ur wife/child/dog "i did it, i did it".
*. Connect to ur car BT using keyboard and mice, configure everything.
*. Write on facebook this post "MK809III + AR3 = Pure awesomeness" and ignore all the replies and let ur friends freak out cause they dont know what they hell u r talking about.
Attached Files
File Type: rar mk809iii-root.rar - [Click for QR Code] (2.10 MB, 77 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to m.a.s.e For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 17

149 posts
Where do you get ARU Reloaded? Play Store or do you just have to donate to Area51?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android sticks, arunchained
Previous Thread Next Thread