Ask a question

No registration required

Customize CS918 Android TV Box

OP mxport25

27th July 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I was wondering if there was a way to customize the rom on the box. Mainly I would like to change the boot logo that comes up from TV BOX to something custom. I would also like to change the menu icons that come up. Have a few programs auto start and run in the background, and some other minor changes. Is this possible? I do all of the above with windows computers, but my knowledge with android is limited. I am trying to make a box that I can give to my elderly parents that has automatic sync software so they get all the latest videos I post on my home HTPC.

THanks

James
5th August 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

88 posts
can get Launchers which are simplified and/or make the icons very big and easy to see. basically designed for old people or less tech savvy people.
dont have any launchers names on hand but i know ive seen a few on the playstore

am sure "Startup Manager" app can block unwanted apps from starting up but can also start certain apps on boot like xbmc(Kodi),
Maybe a scheduler app that make certians app autosync as and when needed

probably need root access for startup manager or scheduler/task apps

dont need to edit the rom for any of these

just keep a backup of the rom
when trying to teach my dad a bit of tech (windows pc) i just said go wild on it, as long as he didnt physically break the box then i could always fix it. knowing that it could always be fixed gave him the confidence to have a mess round and learn himself.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread