Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Customize CS918 Android TV Box

Tip us?

mxport25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Customize CS918 Android TV Box

I was wondering if there was a way to customize the rom on the box. Mainly I would like to change the boot logo that comes up from TV BOX to something custom. I would also like to change the menu icons that come up. Have a few programs auto start and run in the background, and some other minor changes. Is this possible? I do all of the above with windows computers, but my knowledge with android is limited. I am trying to make a box that I can give to my elderly parents that has automatic sync software so they get all the latest videos I post on my home HTPC.

THanks

James

Tonian1878
Old
Thanks Meter 8
can get Launchers which are simplified and/or make the icons very big and easy to see. basically designed for old people or less tech savvy people.
dont have any launchers names on hand but i know ive seen a few on the playstore

am sure "Startup Manager" app can block unwanted apps from starting up but can also start certain apps on boot like xbmc(Kodi),
Maybe a scheduler app that make certians app autosync as and when needed

probably need root access for startup manager or scheduler/task apps

dont need to edit the rom for any of these

just keep a backup of the rom
when trying to teach my dad a bit of tech (windows pc) i just said go wild on it, as long as he didnt physically break the box then i could always fix it. knowing that it could always be fixed gave him the confidence to have a mess round and learn himself.
Nokia 3210, Nokia 3330, Nokia 3510, Nokia N-Gage, Samsung D500 , XDA Mini S, HTC S620, Nokia N70, LG Viewty, LG Renoir, Apple iPhone 3GS, Apple iPhone 4s, Ployer Momo9, Ipad 3, Sony Xperia Z1, CS918