CX919 II - completely Bricked no tv signal

OP Robotechvfx

27th August 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bags End
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
CX-919 II android TV stick bricked
Hi! I just purchased CX-919 II android TV stick. I was having wifi connection issues, so I decided to change the firmware with 4.4 kitkat. The problem was that when I was going to downgrade to 4.2 I had the usb debugging checked on. so now It seems my device is brick. the blue power light comes on, but the tv screen continues black with no sign on system booting.
IŽm RKbatch tool 1.7 and CX-919 4.2.2 Finless 1.6b with cx919-rk3188-4.2-6210-20131209 firmware. I always getting :"prepare IDB fail".

Can anyone help me unbrick my device, please?
Last edited by Robotechvfx; 27th August 2014 at 09:03 AM. Reason: remembered an important detail
30th August 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bags End
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Thumbs up Umbricking and EKD03 / J22 / CX 919 firmware
Well for 3 days I tried to see if there was an alternative to opening the device case and and shorting the 7-8 pins together of the nan Chip. Although it still connected to the RKbatchtool 1.7 it was always hanging up on the IDB preparing. - IDB fail. Fortunetly. The device survived the procedure.
IŽll try to leave the description procedure here.
Open the case of the CX-919 II / J22 / EKD03 Quad Core Rk3188 Android Smart TV Stick and short circuit the 7-8 pins of the nan chip in order to flash it again.

CX 919 / J22 / EKD03 Unbrick short circuit method

Counting from the white arrow youŽll short pins 7-8 or 8-9 while you plug the micro-USB cable from your PC into the USB-OTG (side) port of your CX919. And thatŽs that for unbricking.

IMPORTANT!!!

If you buy the CX 919 from chinese sellers on ebay, donŽt bother trying to flash it with the CX919 stock firmware, stock firmware updates, CX-919 4.2.2 Finless 1.6b, because the wireless and bluetooth wonŽt work. Instead youŽll need to search and use EKD03 or J22 stock or rooted firmware.

IŽll leave here the right firmware links to anyone that is having the same problem with tyhe chinese CX 919.

Rooted firmware with working Wi Fi and Bluetooth:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-..._root.img.html

or

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=f8bab...HjJ1zmuhpcH5cA

Good flashings guys
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread