Default UG007B RK3188 MINI PC extSD ROOT METHOD?

Hello to all, I am relatively new to the world of rooting, have succesfully rooted/unlocked galaxy tabs (various models), HTC AMAZE 4G. so i have a tad bit of experience to say the least. However, my UG007B will not connect to the pc, have scoured the web and xda developers forum for drivers, but even that and holding the reset button down don't work (which maybe broken). Anyways, is there a pre-rooted firmware I could update via ClockworkMod 'ROM MANAGER' App, by downloading the .zip file from the sd card. OR via the TERMINAL (please provide link to scripts, Posted Instructions, thx)

Is there a way I can root it without pc connection, or should I just return it? If this can be done, any links to some good custom rooted firmwares or ROMS. (CAN you even flash Custom ROMS without Root. As far as I know, you can't. but then again im still a NOOB.)

Last Questionpurchase decision advice, $50 at stake) I shelled out Fifty Bucks for this tab and would like to GET ALL THE FEATURES I CAN FROM IT. Am I really missing anything by NOT Rooting the device? I mean I mainly just use it for High Res. 720p/1080p playback, along with games, and web browsing.

Any help would be more than appreciated, as information relayed to me, will in turn allow me to contribute to the Site Forums