Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot get USB enumeration in Linux - MK809IV

Tip us?

dukla2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Cannot get USB enumeration in Linux - MK809IV

Hi there

I bought one of these sticks hoping to get a Linux distro onto it and try it as a plain PC, but am stymied at step 1. I plain cannot get my PC to enumerate the USB connection!

The actual thing I bought seems to run Android OK.

The PCB is blue/green and has CYX_809III on it with v5_0 20140510 under that. Now when I try a USB connection to my PC I get
Code:
usb 4-2: device descriptor read/64, error -62
usb 4-2: device not accepting address 17, error -62
usb 4-2: device not accepting address 18, error -62
hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
And of course lsusb shows nothing new.

I have enabled developer options/USB debugging, I have tried 3 different power supplies, I have tried all 3 USB ports on the stick, I have even tried it into my Raspberry Pi (to sanity check my PC which sees my LG phone fine) and am at a complete loss.

Similarly when I hold the "factory reset" button and plug in a USB cable the stick does a factory image reload (Android picture with rotating thing at stomach) for 3 minutes then reboots - it does not offer any kind of recovery menu.

The only bits from Dr Google I have not tried are shorting pins 8-9 of the NAND (as I cannot find a clear description of what this actually achieves and whether it is relevant to this version) and another post (which I can no longer find, thought it was on XDA but ...) that seemed to have instructions for forcing the USB Vendor and Product IDs somehow ?via modprobe? but apart from the fact I can't find the post I have no idea what the IDs should be.

Any suggestions welcome - TIA

Cooler_King
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Me and another guy are having the same problem with this device (or actually a CX-919 with the same PCB inside).. We're still looking for a solution.. PM me and I'll send you a link to the thread on another forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukla2000 View Post
Hi there

I bought one of these sticks hoping to get a Linux distro onto it and try it as a plain PC, but am stymied at step 1. I plain cannot get my PC to enumerate the USB connection!

The PCB is blue/green and has CYX_809III on it with v5_0 20140510 under that. Now when I try a USB connection to my PC I get
Code:
usb 4-2: device not accepting address 17, error -62
usb 4-2: device not accepting address 18, error -62
hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
And of course lsusb shows nothing new.

I have enabled developer options/USB debugging, I have tried 3 different power supplies, I have tried all 3 USB ports on the stick, I have even tried it into my Raspberry Pi (to sanity check my PC which sees my LG phone fine) and am at a complete loss.

Similarly when I hold the "factory reset" button and plug in a USB cable the stick does a factory image reload (Android picture with rotating thing at stomach) for 3 minutes then reboots - it does not offer any kind of recovery menu.

The only bits from Dr Google I have not tried are shorting pins 8-9 of the NAND (as I cannot find a clear description of what this actually achieves and whether it is relevant to this version) and another post (which I can no longer find, thought it was on XDA but ...) that seemed to have instructions for forcing the USB Vendor and Product IDs somehow ?via modprobe? but apart from the fact I can't find the post I have no idea what the IDs should be.

Any suggestions welcome - TIA

yitzhar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same problems here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooler_King View Post
Me and another guy are having the same problem with this device (or actually a CX-919 with the same PCB inside).. We're still looking for a solution.. PM me and I'll send you a link to the thread on another forum.

same thing here i was just got from ebay member paq999

this is the title i have got
CX919 RK3188 Quad Core Android 4.2 TV BOX 5-in-1 Wireless Control Fly Air Mouse

guess not
Tags
cyx_809iii, mk809iv, rk3188, v5_0 20140510