Can't Access Internet, Cisco 1140 series

OP Akomack

22nd June 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

81 posts
I've been trying to get my chromecast to work on my Cisco 1142 router with no avail. I have had my chromecast connected to multiple networks but I can't seem to get it to work with my 1142. I've tried everything I can find. I've tried the 'no ip igmp snooping' command, and confirmed that it's disabled. I've tried 'no dot11 igmp snooping-helper' also. My chromecast says that it can connect to the network, but has no internet access. I'm stuck on what it could possibly be, any help would be greatly appreciated.
23rd June 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 866

2,225 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akomack

I've been trying to get my chromecast to work on my Cisco 1142 router with no avail. I have had my chromecast connected to multiple networks but I can't seem to get it to work with my 1142. I've tried everything I can find. I've tried the 'no ip igmp snooping' command, and confirmed that it's disabled. I've tried 'no dot11 igmp snooping-helper' also. My chromecast says that it can connect to the network, but has no internet access. I'm stuck on what it could possibly be, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your Chromecast isn't a very early serial number (starting 3929 or lower), is it?
24th June 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akomack

Pls check the configuration of the AP and look for command "bridge-group port-protected".
26th June 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip67

Pls check the configuration of the AP and look for command "bridge-group port-protected".

I've found it with VLAN settings, but can't find it anywhere else. I've tried the telnet command "no bridge-group 1 port-protected" but I haven't been able to confirm if it stuck or not. I'm almost ready to just sell the Cisco router since it's worth some money and since I can't seem to get my chromecast to work with it
26th June 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 866

2,225 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well you do have a very intelligent router, and Chromecast is designed for dumb home routers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread