Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't Access Internet, Cisco 1140 series

Tip us?

Akomack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Can't Access Internet, Cisco 1140 series

I've been trying to get my chromecast to work on my Cisco 1142 router with no avail. I have had my chromecast connected to multiple networks but I can't seem to get it to work with my 1142. I've tried everything I can find. I've tried the 'no ip igmp snooping' command, and confirmed that it's disabled. I've tried 'no dot11 igmp snooping-helper' also. My chromecast says that it can connect to the network, but has no internet access. I'm stuck on what it could possibly be, any help would be greatly appreciated.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akomack View Post
I've been trying to get my chromecast to work on my Cisco 1142 router with no avail. I have had my chromecast connected to multiple networks but I can't seem to get it to work with my 1142. I've tried everything I can find. I've tried the 'no ip igmp snooping' command, and confirmed that it's disabled. I've tried 'no dot11 igmp snooping-helper' also. My chromecast says that it can connect to the network, but has no internet access. I'm stuck on what it could possibly be, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Your Chromecast isn't a very early serial number (starting 3929 or lower), is it?
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

philip67
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akomack View Post
Pls check the configuration of the AP and look for command "bridge-group port-protected".

Akomack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip67 View Post
Pls check the configuration of the AP and look for command "bridge-group port-protected".
I've found it with VLAN settings, but can't find it anywhere else. I've tried the telnet command "no bridge-group 1 port-protected" but I haven't been able to confirm if it stuck or not. I'm almost ready to just sell the Cisco router since it's worth some money and since I can't seem to get my chromecast to work with it

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
Well you do have a very intelligent router, and Chromecast is designed for dumb home routers.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'