Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,947 Members 40,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

latest Chromecast update

Tip us?

ckc90745
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default latest Chromecast update

Hi there I have an issue, I got the latest update to my android Chromecast app, but for some reason it does not show the mirror button, I have an s4 running cyanogen mode

aaroncal
Old
Thanks Meter 120
If you have been reading any of the other threads its not working for anyone on cm or aosp

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 750

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckc90745 View Post
Hi there I have an issue, I got the latest update to my android Chromecast app, but for some reason it does not show the mirror button, I have an s4 running cyanogen mode
Also make sure your Google Play Services is updated.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ckc90745
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
Also make sure your Google Play Services is updated.
ok thanks what other rom do you recommend i check my google play services version is .v5.0.84(1259630-038

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 407
I was on CM11 nightly (07/09/2014) for the Droid RAZR HD (XT926) last night and it was working just fine.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

sronweb
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckc90745 View Post
ok thanks what other rom do you recommend i check my google play services version is .v5.0.84(1259630-038
I have the same version which is latest as far I know. But it does not work with CM11 nighly on Galaxy S4 9505.

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by sronweb View Post
I have the same version which is latest as far I know. But it does not work with CM11 nighly on Galaxy S4 9505.
Is your CM11 an official build? I believe the Droid RAZR HDs are unofficial by dhacker and his crew. Maybe that's why it works?

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

sronweb
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
Is your CM11 an official build? I believe the Droid RAZR HDs are unofficial by dhacker and his crew. Maybe that's why it works?
I just noticed that, as some other user has reported, removing Google Play Service is the trick. It's working now with version 4323 but if I update it to last version it does not work again. What is your version of Google Play Service?

iBolski
Old
(Last edited by iBolski; 11th July 2014 at 03:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by sronweb View Post
I just noticed that, as some other user has reported, removing Google Play Service is the trick. It's working now with version 4323 but if I update it to last version it does not work again. What is your version of Google Play Service?
My version of Google Play services is 5.0.84.

My version of Chromecast is 1.7.4.

Again, it works for me under CM 11-20140709-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

adambarrios
Old
Thanks Meter 3
As I posted in another thread I'm on cm11 on my sgs4 and it works just fine, no issues. And that was without the new Chromecast app just cm11. With the app my wife's works too stock touchwiz sgs4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app