Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[EXPERIMENTAL] Enable Mirroring from any device

Tip us?

fritzum
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwong96 View Post
What version is Google play services. Go to settings-apps-all and click Google play services.

tharmor
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Did you disable some permissions using AppOpps?

http://m.pocketnow.com/2013/12/17/app-ops

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Reboot chrome cast. Reboot your wifi router. s4 is on list of supported devices to cast screen.
No i have not disable any permissions. Can i fix this issue ?? Please help !

hwong96
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzum View Post
No, the update process went through until the end. All the other functions of the chromecast also work without any problem.
Can you attach the audio_policy.conf file from your phone? It is in /system/etc folder.
CPO Nook Color emmc CM11 + 16gb uSD with Multi windows
CPO Nook Color 32 gb uSD CM7.1 oc'd 1.225 gHz
Prodigy EL908 rooted stock AMLogic 8726 M6 Dual Core 1.5gHz 16gb+32gb uSD with Multi windows

pedro5148
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
after connecting my XT1058 Moto X 4.4.3 it shows about 10 seconds and then hangs image, thus closing the Chromescast.

some solution?

tharmor
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Can you attach the audio_policy.conf file from your phone? It is in /system/etc folder.
Can you advise on my issue please ? Thanks. Can i fix the permissions ?

hwong96
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl@kness View Post
Everything works except music.If i try to play music there is no sound.Any suggestions?
When you are done with screen casting, disable the force close fix which restores your original audio_policy.conf file. Your audio should return to normal.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharmor View Post
Can you advise on my issue please ? Thanks. Can i fix the permissions ?
I don't think you can fix permissions in cm-11. Do you have the r_submix section in your audio_policy.conf file? The zip file your rom maintainer provided you just inserted the audio.r_submix.default.so file into /system/lib/hw, but that didn't work because the audio.r_submix.default package wasn't compiled into the rom. Without the rom mainainer compiling the missing package via the device.mk file, cast screen just will not work. As for the AppOps error in your logcat, I don't know what that is since you said you haven't used AppOps to change any permissions. I'm out of ideas.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro5148 View Post
after connecting my XT1058 Moto X 4.4.3 it shows about 10 seconds and then hangs image, thus closing the Chromescast.

some solution?
Open terminal
type in su and press enter key
type in logcat > /sdcard/logcat_pedro5148_motox.txt

Attach .txt file in your reply. Do NOT paste the contents of the output txt file.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl@kness View Post
Really weird that mp3 playback does not work but videos do.Anyone have suggestions how to correct the issue.
When you disable the force close fix does your audio return to it previous state?

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3v1nj4n View Post
My m4 on latest cm11 nightly works fine, but on my yuga (pa 4.45 20140729) after triying to connect to chromecast Google play services force closes. Has anyone a fix? TIA!
Read the highlighted in red item in the op. Missing audio.r_submix.default.so file.
CPO Nook Color emmc CM11 + 16gb uSD with Multi windows
CPO Nook Color 32 gb uSD CM7.1 oc'd 1.225 gHz
Prodigy EL908 rooted stock AMLogic 8726 M6 Dual Core 1.5gHz 16gb+32gb uSD with Multi windows

Bl@kness
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
When you are done with screen casting, disable the force close fix which restores your original audio_policy.conf file. Your audio should return to normal.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I don't think you can fix permissions in cm-11. Do you have the r_submix section in your audio_policy.conf file? The zip file your rom maintainer provided you just inserted the audio.r_submix.default.so file into /system/lib/hw, but that didn't work because the audio.r_submix.default package wasn't compiled into the rom. Without the rom mainainer compiling the missing package via the device.mk file, cast screen just will not work. As for the AppOps error in your logcat, I don't know what that is since you said you haven't used AppOps to change any permissions. I'm out of ideas.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Open terminal
type in su and press enter key
type in logcat > /sdcard/logcat_pedro5148_motox.txt

Attach .txt file in your reply. Do NOT paste the contents of the output txt file.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

When you disable the force close fix does your audio return to it previous state?

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Read the highlighted in red item in the op. Missing audio.r_submix.default.so file.
Thanks for your suggestion that worked.