OP r3pwn

Yesterday, 11:16 PM   |  #2111  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,218

1,116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imforumman

Just a warning to everybody, rp3wn correctly entitles this as EXPERIMENTAL. Listen to that, as I did not.

As ScreenMirroring was broken on my Note 10.1 2014 after root, I attempted to restore this feature via this app, but to no avail. I then activated the two other options in the app and rebooted, and now my device hangs after the Samsung animation with just the logo on the screen.

As I understand it, I will need to try to try to get a stock rom for the device and flash that via odin, and I'm sure I can find some instructions for this on the net, but now I'm just dreading trying to find a rom-image for my device (no way to know what was on it exactly before) and then having to re-install everything...

If I missed a better/simpler way of restoring functionality to my device, I'm all ears and very grateful for any pointers in the right direction.

rp3wn, please, add a list of devices which are known to brick in certain situations, as I read at least a Tab S has also bricked, had I read that (page 180 or so of the thread) I would not have touched this.

Added (yet another) warning about the second option. I'm pretty sure there's an in-app warning (but who looks at those, anyways?).
Today, 10:19 AM   |  #2112  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

Added (yet another) warning about the second option. I'm pretty sure there's an in-app warning (but who looks at those, anyways?).

Ok, up till three last night, tablet is alive again.

In-App there is no warning, much less an explanation as to what each option does and for which hardware/software it is meant.

Good luck with this patch, hope it helps many!
Today, 10:25 AM   |  #2113  

1,116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imforumman

Ok, up till three last night, tablet is alive again.

In-App there is no warning, much less an explanation as to what each option does and for which hardware/software it is meant.

Good luck with this patch, hope it helps many!

Oh, I meant I added a warning to the OP. I was tired so I forgot to add those words to my post...
Today, 01:11 PM   |  #2114  
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 8

185 posts
More
hello

I don't have any problem on my htc one M8, sony tablet Z or nexus 7 (2012) but I can't install the package on my old htc sensation running on stock rom rooted

when I want to install the package, I have the message "there is a problem parsing the package", is it normal?
is something missing on my sensation?

thanx for your help
Today, 01:13 PM   |  #2115  

1,116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingo_man

hello

I don't have any problem on my htc one M8, sony tablet Z or nexus 7 (2012) but I can't install the package on my old htc sensation running on stock rom rooted

when I want to install the package, I have the message "there is a problem parsing the package", is it normal?
is something missing on my sensation?

thanx for your help

The device needs to be running KitKat 4.4.2 or higher for this to work.
Today, 01:18 PM   |  #2116  
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 8

185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

The device needs to be running KitKat 4.4.2 or higher for this to work.

oh thank you, I'm on 4.0.3

I just have to find a new rom
The Following User Says Thank You to twingo_man For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread