FORUMS

Time-Lapse with ChronoSnap – XDA App Review

Some of the most interesting pictures are time-lapse animations that capture the … more

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[HTML5 App]Cast local media from Google Chrome to Chromecast with playlist support

17th April 2015, 05:35 PM |#11  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky69247

Amazing, the first thing I tried worked. But I'm curious why this can't be run locally, couldn't you make a browser app? They have them, but none work. Not even Videostream (They say it's my network when I have no AV, no firewall, the ports forwarded in my router, and friends who can't get it to work more often than whenever the hell it wants).
You don't mention anywhere, so I'm curious just what info gets passed back and forth between me and your server while I'm using this.

Edit: ****, last active 5 months ago.

Hey man, Videostream guy here. Is it just never playing the video?
The difference is how this uses the Cast Extensions tab casting method (WebRTC) instead. All you need to do, to do the same thing without this app, is drag and drop the video in to Chrome.
Our app needs TCP port access to your computer, in order to send the raw video data to your Chromecast.

Now, there's no reason why you should have been left hanging like this. If you like you can forward me your emails and I can look into why our support f'd up so hard. This is an easy fix. I can also do a remote desktop with you whenever you like and we can get this solved, asap.

mail@matbee.com or gosbee@getvideostream.com

17th April 2015, 05:50 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidhax

Hey man, Videostream guy here. Is it just never playing the video?
The difference is how this uses the Cast Extensions tab casting method (WebRTC) instead. All you need to do, to do the same thing without this app, is drag and drop the video in to Chrome.
Our app needs TCP port access to your computer, in order to send the raw video data to your Chromecast.

Now, there's no reason why you should have been left hanging like this. If you like you can forward me your emails and I can look into why our support f'd up so hard. This is an easy fix. I can also do a remote desktop with you whenever you like and we can get this solved, asap.

mail@matbee.com or gosbee@getvideostream.com

Hey, thanks for the reply.
I've been getting replies, for sure (The replies come from freshdesk, signed Rahul Kayaith), but pretty much been given the idea that it's my problem, when I can reset literally every device on my network and it still not work (I even went so far as to open the ports in my router since he made it seem like the traffic needs to pass between their servers and my computer). I'm using literally no antivirus or firewall, just Windows Defender, I've added Chrome as an exception to Defender's scans, and my network is private/home. The app hasn't worked for me at all for a couple weeks now, when previously it worked intermittently. The port fix tool has never worked, not once since I got the Chromecast. (Before it quit working altogether, it would work seemingly whenever it felt like it. Nothing that I did on purpose seemed to work)
My friend has 3 Chromecasts, uses antivirus and spyware software, a different router/modem, and a different computer. The only thing we have in common is Windows 8.1, Chrome, the Videostream app. He says it also works only intermittently. I just don't see that the problem is on either his network or mine!

I did figure out that I could "save" the SidsCast page locally and run it and it works, so I don't need to worry about what's being sent to his server, and it's working with most types of video, but not all, so I have to be careful what I "acquire," but still more reliable than Videostream has been!
Last edited by ducky69247; 17th April 2015 at 05:52 PM.
17th April 2015, 06:18 PM |#13  
Flag Ontario

More
Quote:

Hey, thanks for the reply.
I've been getting replies, for sure (The replies come from freshdesk, signed Rahul Kayaith), but pretty much been given the idea that it's my problem, when I can reset literally every device on my network and it still not work (I even went so far as to open the ports in my router since he made it seem like the traffic needs to pass between their servers and my computer). I'm using literally no antivirus or firewall, just Windows Defender, I've added Chrome as an exception to Defender's scans, and my network is private/home. The app hasn't worked for me at all for a couple weeks now, when previously it worked intermittently. The port fix tool has never worked, not once since I got the Chromecast. (Before it quit working altogether, it would work seemingly whenever it felt like it. Nothing that I did on purpose seemed to work)
My friend has 3 Chromecasts, uses antivirus and spyware software, a different router/modem, and a different computer. The only thing we have in common is Windows 8.1, Chrome, the Videostream app. He says it also works only intermittently. I just don't see that the problem is on either his network or mine!

I did figure out that I could "save" the SidsCast page locally and run it and it works, so I don't need to worry about what's being sent to his server, and it's working with most types of video, but not all, so I have to be careful what I "acquire," but still more reliable than Videostream has been!

(I run Windows 8.1 too)
Yeah those are the generic fixes we give to people, Rahul is our local support guy we have working with us as an intern :P. Your router really shouldn't have anything to do with this.

What you could do is check (Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Customize Settings) , or in your "Windows Firewall" settings go to "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" on the left, and make sure "block all incoming connections" is NOT checked on Public or Private.
17th April 2015, 06:22 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

(I run Windows 8.1 too)
Yeah those are the generic fixes we give to people, Rahul is our local support guy we have working with us as an intern :P. Your router really shouldn't have anything to do with this.

What you could do is check (Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Customize Settings) , or in your "Windows Firewall" settings go to "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" on the left, and make sure "block all incoming connections" is NOT checked on Public or Private.

My firewall is set to "off." I never use it, nor any third party firewall or AV. I've run through all of this with Rahul, at least since some time in March. And opening the ports in my router was just, let's say, a last-ditch effort to figure out the problem, since nothing else has worked.
17th April 2015, 06:23 PM |#15  
Flag Ontario

More
Quote:

My firewall is set to "off." I never use it, nor any third party firewall or AV. I've run through all of this with Rahul, at least since some time in March. And opening the ports in my router was just, let's say, a last-ditch effort to figure out the problem, since nothing else has worked.

Do you happen to have multiple Chrome profiles with videostream installed on all of them?
17th April 2015, 06:24 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

Do you happen to have multiple Chrome profiles with videostream installed on all of them?

Nope.
17th April 2015, 06:27 PM |#17  
Flag Ontario

More
Quote:

Nope.

Well, if you like we can try to do an ole Remote Desktop with TeamViewer if you like? If you're into it I can do it whenever. It's normally easy to diagnose as the developer. My email is up there ^--
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread