FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[OT] [HELP] Still not getting OTA update for chromecast from Google

262 posts
Thanks Meter: 105
 
By Parth2187, Senior Member on 20th July 2014, 05:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey Guys,

Sorry for posting help question in the wrong section.. my chromecast hasn't received OTA update yet since last three months.. I am dying to use as cast my screen to the TV. The current firmware build is 15250 and country code- IN (India). Any possible to update ota quickly

Thanks in advance!

P.S - i don't have nexus devices. My device is Galaxy Grand running CM11 4.4.4
 
 
20th July 2014, 06:11 AM |#2  
r3pwn's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,790
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth2187

Hey Guys,

Sorry for posting help question in the wrong section.. my chromecast hasn't received OTA update yet since last three months.. I am dying to use as cast my screen to the TV. The current firmware build is 15250 and country code- IN (India). Any possible to update ota quickly

Thanks in advance!

P.S - i don't have nexus devices. My device is Galaxy Grand running CM11 4.4.4

Try rebooting your Chromecast. They usually check for updates on reboot.
EDIT: If that doesn't work, try a factory reset of your Chromecast.
20th July 2014, 10:53 AM |#3  
Parth2187's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

Try rebooting your Chromecast. They usually check for updates on reboot.
EDIT: If that doesn't work, try a factory reset of your Chromecast.

Sir, I tried your method but that doesn't work... Can I flash latest stock chromecast firmware to my chromecast ? Is it worth to flash it?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
20th July 2014, 10:53 AM |#4  
Parth2187's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth2187

Sir, I tried your method but that doesn't work... Can I flash latest stock chromecast firmware to my chromecast ? Is it worth to flash it ?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk



Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
20th July 2014, 10:54 AM |#5  
Parth2187's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
]



Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
20th July 2014, 02:03 PM |#6  
r3pwn's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,790
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth2187

Sir, I tried your method but that doesn't work... Can I flash latest stock chromecast firmware to my chromecast ? Is it worth to flash it?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

If those two don't work, there is no other way to go about updating it. Try contacting Google and seeing if they have any suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to r3pwn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 04:25 AM |#7  
bhiga's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 957
 
Donate to Me
More
If you're using a VPN or DNS abstraction, try connecting Chromecast to plain "regular" Internet for a day or two and see if it updates. It should.
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes