Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any way possible to get digitally imported to stream on chromecast?

OP Xproplayer

8th September 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

40 posts
I am really on the fence about getting a CC but the only real uses I see are the occasional screen mirroring, netflix, and youtube. i would do a local media server from my home computer but i'd rather run smoothvideo project and get 60fps and just use my 15ft hdmi cable, but if I had the ability to just use my phone to tell my CC to start playing music while im winding down at night i'd but it in a heartbeat, would this be possible with any of the awesome things you guys have done with CC? for reference I am talking about http://www.di.fm which is an awesome free (I paid to remove ads + boost quality) stream for electronic music. Thanks guys.
8th September 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

68 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xproplayer

I am really on the fence about getting a CC but the only real uses I see are the occasional screen mirroring, netflix, and youtube. i would do a local media server from my home computer but i'd rather run smoothvideo project and get 60fps and just use my 15ft hdmi cable, but if I had the ability to just use my phone to tell my CC to start playing music while im winding down at night i'd but it in a heartbeat, would this be possible with any of the awesome things you guys have done with CC? for reference I am talking about http://www.di.fm which is an awesome free (I paid to remove ads + boost quality) stream for electronic music. Thanks guys.

spoticast with spotify can play music to your cc
8th September 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 15

187 posts
Spoticast is sure useful for Spotify. He was however asking for Internet radio or specifically di.fm. Tunein has them but does not currently support chromecast. I have been tipped myself about Audials https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.audials which supports chromecast. Have never tested it myself and not sure if it has the same stations like tunein. I'm also not sure about how it works with subscribed stations.

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk
9th September 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

56 posts
More
Quote:

Just use MirrorEnabler.apk to screencast the entire screen and any app.
9th September 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosis

Just use MirrorEnabler.apk to screencast the entire screen and any app.

Will that work for background audio though?
9th September 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 6

56 posts
More
Quote:

Will that work for background audio though?

It should pass any audio that would be going out your phone over to the chromecast. Can't say I personally tested it when in the background however.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread