Ask a question

No registration required

No sound when casting screen

OP mlun

31st August 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
When I use the "Cast screen" on my Nexus 7, and selects a video (not Youtube), it always displays video, but mostly there is no sound. Sometimes the sound works, but I have not been able to figure out why/when the sound is also working. Occasionally after having rebooted my N7, restarted apps etc., the sound might suddenly work again.

The situation is identical on two separate setups (different networks with different chromecasts), where the only thing in common is my N7
31st August 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 324

1,882 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlun

When I use the "Cast screen" on my Nexus 7, and selects a video (not Youtube), it always displays video, but mostly there is no sound. Sometimes the sound works, but I have not been able to figure out why/when the sound is also working. Occasionally after having rebooted my N7, restarted apps etc., the sound might suddenly work again.

The situation is identical on two separate setups (different networks with different chromecasts), where the only thing in common is my N7

usually a sign that the Audio codec of what you are playing is not compatible with the CCast.
Not sure if that applies to Mirror mode as I would suspect the Mirror system uses it's own codec but perhaps it doesn't.
1st September 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 9

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx

usually a sign that the Audio codec of what you are playing is not compatible with the CCast.
Not sure if that applies to Mirror mode as I would suspect the Mirror system uses it's own codec but perhaps it doesn't.

If you connect to the chromecast and then go to settings reboot chromecast and it will start working again I assume this is just a symptom of it still being in beta but every time it has happened to me I just reboot the chromecast and it works with no problems
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread