Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HACK internal memory size [FAKE memory]

OP Malasuerte94

25th August 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hy there ! I have buyed a chinese S5 clone, S5 Lte with 8GB REAL storage, and is appear 16GB fake... how i can change the fake 16GB into real 8GB ?
What's the problem ? From 14,7GB i have avaible for applications only 500mb , after installing G Chrome, Facebook, Messenger and two games i got low internal storage, and yes i have moved twose application to SD. sry for my bad english
27th August 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #2  
Mangalore
Thanks Meter: 7

25 posts
More
Storage Reset the kernel info of similar hardware.
You can not recompile kernel and all related firmware just for the sake of one piece. If you are really serious about it, then you should search device with similar hardware configuration, I mean a clone of your device with genuine specifications. Then you can flash the files into your hardware.

Do you really think, you can re write every technical information and support drivers otherwise?
3rd September 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by net8

Do you really think, you can re write every technical information and support drivers otherwise?

Herculean job.
4th September 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #4  
Flag Emerald
Thanks Meter: 293

755 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Hi there :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malasuerte94

Hy there ! I have buyed a chinese S5 clone, S5 Lte with 8GB REAL storage, and is appear 16GB fake... how i can change the fake 16GB into real 8GB ?
What's the problem ? From 14,7GB i have avaible for applications only 500mb , after installing G Chrome, Facebook, Messenger and two games i got low internal storage, and yes i have moved twose application to SD. sry for my bad english

Quote:
Originally Posted by net8

You can not recompile kernel and all related firmware just for the sake of one piece. If you are really serious about it, then you should search device with similar hardware configuration, I mean a clone of your device with genuine specifications. Then you can flash the files into your hardware.

yeah either u need to find kernel from same phone/board
or compile one from sources if available (you might need to edit)

i'm sure you should be able to find roms that come with kernel on chinaphonearena.com one of them is bound to have 8gb storage setting
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread