No registration required
Thread Closed

HTC One (M7) vs Nexus 5?

OP kirov37

26th July 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
Well I am going to buy a new phone soon, and I can't decide between these 2. HTC One have the better look, but specs seem a bit worse than Nexus 5 and I don't know if it will recieve the newest updates like Nexus 5... I want the phone to be kind of future proof - getting the latest Android updates for some time, and I want it to be fast, stable and have good camera. Could anyone make a comparison, or post experience with either of the phones? Which one would you choose?
30th July 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirov37

Well I am going to buy a new phone soon, and I can't decide between these 2. HTC One have the better look, but specs seem a bit worse than Nexus 5 and I don't know if it will recieve the newest updates like Nexus 5... I want the phone to be kind of future proof - getting the latest Android updates for some time, and I want it to be fast, stable and have good camera. Could anyone make a comparison, or post experience with either of the phones? Which one would you choose?

I would choose Nexus 5 - faster updates, faster SoC (Snapdragon 600 vs 800), has QFE1100 envelope tracker.
31st July 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 88

206 posts
I'd also go for the Nexus 5. I have the HTC One M7 and will get the Nexus 5 in case this one breaks.
31st July 2014, 12:35 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 3,333

6,503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by till22

I'd also go for the Nexus 5. I have the HTC One M7

Same and same, though the One M7 is a fine phone with +s and -s relative to Nexus 5.

But if you want maximum future ROM updates, Nexus is ALWAYS the better bet. Even after Google stops supporting it, ROM devs will be active for years. (albeit reduced from the peak.)
3rd August 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 10,167

11,463 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread closed. For further device comparisons, please go here: [Discussion] Consolidated Device Comparison/ Q&A/ Discussion Thread!!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread