Beijing
Thanks Meter: 5

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky1859

i cant see the option where we get to choose the network ourselves
2g only
automode
wcdma only pls guys help me its set to automode in default and my 3g network is poor.i just wanna use only 2g
sorry for my bad english and being offtopic

Settings\More...\Mobile networks\Preffered Network type

quite easy to find

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvris

Worked like a charm Btw, can I delete root explorer now?
However, I have another problem with this ROM. When I plug it in with the usb cable, my PC sees the internal storage -which I mostly use instead of the SD card- as a CD-drive.
What can I do to fix that? The SD card shows up normally.

PS: None of the mirrors you provided work

Root explorer is not essential for anything, it's just normal app.

As for storage, I don't use SD card so not sure if SD card can cause some problems with visibility of Internal storage, but when I plug in phone into my W8.1 laptop it's properly recognized and displayed as MTP device, so it will be your Windows/driver issue or something to do with SD card that maybe only one device can be seen at once, I guess I will start using SD card when I will run out of space. There are several options for USB computer connection - Media device (MTP) work fine (and this is also the only connection available in original Lenovo ROM!), PTP works as well but it's more limited than MTP so no point using it, USB storage doesn't work (and also it's not available in Lenovo ROM) - storage is displayed but not possible to access, Built-in CD-ROM will display as empty CD-ROM drive (in Lenovo ROM it would be filled with USB drivers and Lenovo suite but I guess removed from ported VIVO ROM to save space and useless software), so no news here, MTP works same as in official Lenovo ROM and should be used, USB storage never worked no matter what ROM.

As for mirrors, they worked for few days, not going to reupload it again, not so difficult to find older versions of SuperSU on internet as I did.
Last edited by PeterMarkoff; 19th November 2014 at 04:25 AM.
19th November 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMarkoff

Settings\More...\Mobile networks\Preffered Network type

quite easy to find

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Root explorer is not essential for anything, it's just normal app.

As for storage, I don't use SD card so not sure if SD card can cause some problems with visibility of Internal storage, but when I plug in phone into my W8.1 laptop it's properly recognized and displayed as MTP device, so it will be your Windows/driver issue or something to do with SD card that maybe only one device can be seen at once, I guess I will start using SD card when I will run out of space. There are several options for USB computer connection - Media device (MTP) work fine (and this is also the only connection available in original Lenovo ROM!), PTP works as well but it's more limited than MTP so no point using it, USB storage doesn't work (and also it's not available in Lenovo ROM) - storage is displayed but not possible to access, Built-in CD-ROM will display as empty CD-ROM drive (in Lenovo ROM it would be filled with USB drivers and Lenovo suite but I guess removed from ported VIVO ROM to save space and useless software), so no news here, MTP works same as in official Lenovo ROM and should be used, USB storage never worked no matter what ROM.

As for mirrors, they worked for few days, not going to reupload it again, not so difficult to find older versions of SuperSU on internet as I did.

Well MTP works now just fine... I don't know what was going wrong so far. Maybe I was mainly trying the "usb storage" which now I know it does not work
Since you are the only person I know on a forum who uses the AOSP, I'm going to ask you things every now ans then. So, here is the thing. I downloaded an app showing the battery consumption and I get a 44.9% on the android system. Is this normal? It feels a lot.
20th November 2014, 07:46 AM   |  #43  

3 posts
Latest firmware from Geekbuying
Check here.

blog.geekbuying.com/?p=14917

Lenovo_A8_A806_MTK6592-175642-20141103.rar
Last edited by dinosauria123; 20th November 2014 at 07:48 AM.
21st November 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #44  
Beijing
Thanks Meter: 5

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosauria123

Check here.

blog.geekbuying.com/?p=14917

Lenovo_A8_A806_MTK6592-175642-20141103.rar

zero information about firmware and functionality so they can stick it in their...
21st November 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #45  

3 posts
I installed this firmware, this is not new.
Multi-language, GooglePlay included, rooted, build 1432.
22nd November 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #46  

3 posts
Hi Peter
[QUOTE=PeterMarkoff;56868437]Settings\More...\Mobile networks\Preffered Network type

quite easy to find[COLOR="Silver"]

Sorry for delayed response..
Sorry for disturbing you again but these are the only options I get, attached screen shots of my preferred network window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-21-20-58-58.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	3027368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-21-20-58-40.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	3027369  
22nd November 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 11

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky1859

i cant see the option where we get to choose the network ourselves
2g only
automode
wcdma only pls guys help me its set to automode in default and my 3g network is poor.i just wanna use only 2g
sorry for my bad english and being offtopic

http://youtu.be/6QyUNd0T57c
Today, 09:08 AM   |  #48  

3 posts
Thumbs up THANK YOU
Thank you that was really helpful

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread