Thanks Meter: 61

By limestar, Senior Member on 26th August 2014, 08:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th August 2015, 05:10 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abgnokia

Now U got trouble..u should not simply take recovery.img from others rom. Unless u want to port to your rom. Before flashing recovery please check the file size of that recovery & check partition size inside scatter file, please make sure do not exceed partition size shown on scatter file..

Sent from my Lenovo A806 using XDA Free mobile app

Is there any way to fix it? I was under the impression that the recover was for this, clearly I was mistaken. Any suggestions on getting this working? Many thanks in advance!

18th August 2015, 03:50 PM |#92  

More
Need Help
Hi,

I am a complete Novice, and bought this phone over 6 months ago, but lack of GAPPS and trying to get it on, I gave up, my wifes phone has busted, cracked screen, and since I have this phone I would really like to flash, preferably with a bloat free rom, for her to use.

I have downloaded numerous roms from Need Rom, a MIUI one, and a Vibe UI one.

Am I correct in thinking that if I download a Vibe UI v2 rom, and since the phone comes with Vibe, I can run as update.zip (boot with power vol + & -)?

I have downloaded SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212 & SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1348.002 (think they came with the roms) but failed to flash as no scatter file included, so very very confused.

I followed Peter Merkoff page, I can’t seem to download files linked inthe tutorial? Can I use SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212 & SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1348.002?

Sorry for the multiple questions.

Any help appreciated.
24th August 2015, 07:44 PM |#93  

More
Wink flashing rom
Dear Sir you have to unzip before you can see scatter file !!!root device with kingoroot (app on web ) go to '' needrom forum '' and register , download'' TWRP recovery'' file and read how to flash it , after flashing twrp recovery , you can now download a custom rom, mine is multilangual others are English/Chinese only . Go to twrp recovery , hold volume+and- and power button on the same time , hold down till reboot recovery. Backup current rom , than go to ''wipe'' ,''advanced wipe ''and wipe ''cache'',''dalvik cache'' and ''data''. go back to home and choose'' install '' Choose the zip file you wish to flash ( if using twrp no need to unzip downloaded rom file ) after flashing again wipe'' cache'' and ''dalvik cache'' and than reboot system . [/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzomagic

Hi,

I am a complete Novice, and bought this phone over 6 months ago, but lack of GAPPS and trying to get it on, I gave up, my wifes phone has busted, cracked screen, and since I have this phone I would really like to flash, preferably with a bloat free rom, for her to use.

I have downloaded numerous roms from Need Rom, a MIUI one, and a Vibe UI one.

Am I correct in thinking that if I download a Vibe UI v2 rom, and since the phone comes with Vibe, I can run as update.zip (boot with power vol + & -)?

I have downloaded SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212 & SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1348.002 (think they came with the roms) but failed to flash as no scatter file included, so very very confused.

I followed Peter Merkoff page, I canít seem to download files linked inthe tutorial? Can I use SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212 & SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1348.002?

Sorry for the multiple questions.

Any help appreciated.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread