Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mobile Phone Vibrator

Tip us?

Vorion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Phone [Q] Mobile Phone Vibrator

Hey Guys,

I would like to know the durability of a vibrator motor in mobile phone. I am bit cautious to use it because I think over usage might wreck it.
Any idea about it?
Now my new office environment demands "Vibrator mode" most of the time. Will it cause any serious damage to my phone or the vibrating motor?
For you guys how many months of regular vibrator usage it endured before it needed a replacement?
If I am using 10 hours of vibrator mode, receiving constant notifications and calls, is termed as "Abuse"?

Kindly clear me, Guys

Thanks in advance..
Vorion
India
__________________________________________________ ____________
Devices to Fiddle with..
S4 Mini GT-I9192 Black - CWM - Carbon KK Unofficial 4.4.4 ROM
N97-RM-505/0587487 Black - Hacked HellOX Symbian S60 V3- 30.0.016
S Duos - GT S7562 Blue- KyleOne ROM
Sony M Dual C2004 Black - JB 4.3 Stock ROM
__________________________________________________ ________________

Weioo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorion View Post
Hey Guys,

I would like to know the durability of a vibrator motor in mobile phone. I am bit cautious to use it because I think over usage might wreck it.
Any idea about it?
Now my new office environment demands "Vibrator mode" most of the time. Will it cause any serious damage to my phone or the vibrating motor?
For you guys how many months of regular vibrator usage it endured before it needed a replacement?
If I am using 10 hours of vibrator mode, receiving constant notifications and calls, is termed as "Abuse"?

Kindly clear me, Guys

Thanks in advance..
It's not even worth the brainpower to think about. I've used my Galaxy S3 for the past two years, almost exclusively keeping it on vibrate.