Read Access to GSM, 3G stack on BCM28155 SoCs for OSMOCOMBB-LIKE Baseband Analyzer

Search This thread

telecomer

Mar 27, 2015
I want to develop a GSM/3G PacketAnalyzer for study purposes, a somewhat more simplified version of OsmocomBB withouth any TX modules. As some of you may know, even though OsmocomBB is open source it has not been ported but to some very old Motorola and SonyEricsson phones. I would love to be able to do something like OsmocomBB on a newer phone so I can link it with a modern android OS system. I've read that Broadcom is one of the open-sourcest Gsm baseband processor manufacturers out there, so - sorry if I have passed some of the information accumulated over here - is there any way I can find any open source RTOS (Real Time Operating System) that is compatible with say Broadcom's BCM28155 so I can modify it and be able to read all GSM/3G stack and transfer this layer 1/2 data to android os? And also be able to re-flash the BCM with a high success rate? Did Broadcom release any CPU drivers or RTOS info on BCM28155?