Ask a question

No registration required

Overclock and SD.

OP Angristan

23rd July 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 79

390 posts
More
It depends on how far you want to take this project. There are some really cool looking water cooled builds and even a ln2(liquid nitrogen) build that hit 2.4ghz stable, but was able to bench it even higher. Here's a link if you wanna check it out.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1404207/e...d-raspberry-pi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Nizda1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #22  
Flag Bellingham
Thanks Meter: 115

640 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizda1

It depends on how far you want to take this project. There are some really cool looking water cooled builds and even a ln2(liquid nitrogen) build that hit 2.4ghz stable, but was able to bench it even higher. Here's a link if you wanna check it out.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1404207/e...d-raspberry-pi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

He hasn't used LN2. He's using liquid difluoromethane. He says he could use LN2 if he could get it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th July 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #23  
Flag RO, Arad
Thanks Meter: 19

240 posts
More
Yes, I knew that post from a random search a few months ago...

I was just wondering what's the most stable and efficient overclock point (where you can see performance increase, but the Raspi doesn't get too hot without active cooling (I have a 120mm fan on top of the RPi, in case of anything...)

I was thinking a about overclocking it to 1.5Ghz with the fan running. How should that run on Raspbian?
29th July 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 608

2,702 posts
What i'm doing is running the OS off of a usb hard disk but booting from the sd.
I got her up to 1.3GHz with a large heatsink, a small peltier and a fan.
I had to make sure to boost the ram voltage too and clocked the gpu up to 475 anything higher and she crashed.
I noticed the mosfets get pretty toasty too so added some small sinks there too.

The problem being that it's really not that much of a speed up.
The pi still has only one core and it's a utter pain as a lot of work still needs to be done.

The pi is a great starter board but i wish they would opt for something more aggressive.
30th July 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #25  
Flag Bellingham
Thanks Meter: 115

640 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRED^

What i'm doing is running the OS off of a usb hard disk but booting from the sd.
I got her up to 1.3GHz with a large heatsink, a small peltier and a fan.
I had to make sure to boost the ram voltage too and clocked the gpu up to 475 anything higher and she crashed.
I noticed the mosfets get pretty toasty too so added some small sinks there too.

The problem being that it's really not that much of a speed up.
The pi still has only one core and it's a utter pain as a lot of work still needs to be done.

The pi is a great starter board but i wish they would opt for something more aggressive.

The reason it's a great starter board is because that's exactly what it was designed to be...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st August 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #26  
Flag RO, Arad

240 posts
More
Would the Cubbie Board be a better replacement for the Raspberry Pi, in use as a Media Center and a light weight desktop PC (Youtube, Facebook, internet surfing)?

I tried playing Youtube content on Raspberry Pi (480p), and I was really dissapointed. It buffers a lot and it cannot be watched normally. Big Full HD immages requires a lot of time for loading and not to mention it's not flash supported.
1st August 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 399

925 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khrystyan27

Would the Cubbie Board be a better replacement for the Raspberry Pi, in use as a Media Center and a light weight desktop PC (Youtube, Facebook, internet surfing)?

I tried playing Youtube content on Raspberry Pi (480p), and I was really dissapointed. It buffers a lot and it cannot be watched normally. Big Full HD immages requires a lot of time for loading and not to mention it's not flash supported.

These nano computers are not made for a fatttt use like watching video on YouTube or use Facebook
1st August 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #28  
Flag RO, Arad

240 posts
More
The Cubieboard runs these apps really well. It seems that for the Cubieboard, these apps ar not a struggle at all.

Raspberry is a really weak device. The RAM quantity is ok, but a dual-core SOC would be very good.
1st August 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #29  
Flag RO, Arad

240 posts
More
I just need a powerful media player and a device for ocassional internet surfing... I found it!

MiniX Neo X8, it's just perfect for me! Hope I can sell my Raspberry as fast as I can and purchase the MiniX.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread