How do i go back to windows mobile on my htd hd2?!

Search This thread

eng.m.abozied

Jul 12, 2011
It's easy to go back to win do it on these steps.
but your mop off by removing the batt.
but it on (while holding vol down to boot the mgloadr)
when the 3 collers scrn shows up with a (sireal) on the pottom, connect the usb and hold on untill it change to usb (it may take 2-3 mins to do saw)
flash the official rom and holdon (it may tack 10-20 min to do finsh it).

Else if you have to go again to android. go to this guide which mentioned on this page (while i cann't link it) :mad:
it is on the
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7909725&postcount=2

offenberg

Oct 7, 2010
Copenhagen
Guys. I bought this used hd2 with NexusHD2-Gingerbread v 3.1a NAND installed on it.

Now, du I just copy a rom to my sd card boot into recovery wipe data factory and install? Im all good?

KIBLA

Apr 7, 2009
Sabac
It's easy to go back to win do it on these steps.
but your mop off by removing the batt.
but it on (while holding vol down to boot the mgloadr)
when the 3 collers scrn shows up with a (sireal) on the pottom, connect the usb and hold on untill it change to usb (it may take 2-3 mins to do saw)
flash the official rom and holdon (it may tack 10-20 min to do finsh it).

Else if you have to go again to android. go to this guide which mentioned on this page (while i cann't link it) :mad:
it is on the
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7909725&postcount=2

thank you,
I was allready switched to windows mobile 6.5.
I just wanted to read a guide.

Last edited:

msmkt

Aug 24, 2010
all the roms should be first tested for months on SD card and if you like it enough then use it as nand. it is so not that easy to flash back to windows mobile from android nand but it can be done with some work.

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
guys i do what all of you are saying, i bought a used hd2 and it have nand android ics, i wanna get it back to stock this is a hd2 from tmous,

i download the ruu from tmobile and the one from htc and even a wm6 rom from nrg ok
i take off the battery put it back in, press v- and power until the colors mattres appear then plug the usb on the phone run the ruu flasher and when it start to flash on 0% it says there is an error with the pda that its not connected on the pc,

i tried several things search a lot and nothing, all i want its to get back to stock and i cant, can you guys help me?

when the 3 colors screen appear it says

PB81120 SS-B3
SPL-2.08.HSPL 8G XE
0X05
0X50
COTULLAHSPL

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
guys i do what all of you are saying, i bought a used hd2 and it have nand android ics, i wanna get it back to stock this is a hd2 from tmous,

i download the ruu from tmobile and the one from htc and even a wm6 rom from nrg ok
i take off the battery put it back in, press v- and power until the colors mattres appear then plug the usb on the phone run the ruu flasher and when it start to flash on 0% it says there is an error with the pda that its not connected on the pc,

i tried several things search a lot and nothing, all i want its to get back to stock and i cant, can you guys help me?

PB81120 SS-B3
SPL-2.08.HSPL 8G XE
0X05
0X50
COTULLAHSPL

I would recommend you reading my guide as well.

There is a different more efficient way of reverting back to stock then what you're doing.

Sent from my HD2 using xda premium

Reactions: gypsy214

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
thanks on ur the link on your guide to download the offial leo roms, they said that if ur on tmous none of those roms will work, is that correct?
can i use the wwe?

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
ok man here is the problem but first i wanna thank you for trying to help, i had done everything and i cant

ok i use the flasher of the ruu, but first i have to put the phone into bootloader where i see all the colors, so the flasher can recognize my phone,
and when it starts to install i get an error about the usb not connected,
ok on your guide it says to unzip and get the leoimg.nbh and put it on the root of the sd card, and go to where all tri colors are, as i read in other post, i seen the same and i dont it, now where the tri colors it suppost to load the rom, or give me an option to do so from the phone, and it doesnt give me that, on the bottom it says serial and then usb when i plug it in, that it, and still no luck, i even download a ngr wm6 rom and no luck

now i have used the DFT to install the SPL 3.03.0000 and now it wont go past the tmobile logo so im screw

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
ok did like you told me but still when i go to all these colors screen nothing happens other than saying serial on the bottom,
there is nothing else of my sd card only the LEOIMG.nbh file and the sd card is formatt to fat32, any suggestions?

found this video i guess the phone have to do this when i put the leoimg file on the root of the sd card, but on mine it doesnt go pass the bootloader

http://www.jayceooi.com/2011/08/15/how-to-restore-stock-rom-on-htc-hd2-video/

Last edited:

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
You can flash the nbh file from the hd2 toolkit and that will uninstall android and reinstall windows mobile. However doing this method does not uninstall hspl.

Do you have a smaller SD card like one that doesn't require two partitions to work?
Try the leoimg on your SD card again and leave it on the bootloader screen for a few minutes, this is really the only other idea I have.

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
i have another sd card but not sure what kind of format it is, tell me how to flash the nhb file with the toolkit at least i can do that to go back to windows, and then i can run the ruu flash

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
ok i tried to flash the tmobile leoimg with hd2 toolkit, and it says the same it could not get connected with the phone, and now the phone tries to turn on, and turn off right away,

did i brick it?

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
yeah it does, and thats when the flasher recognize the phone for the process and then it quites, its kinda weird i double check on things and im not doing nothing wrong, with the ruu, leoimg, i just cant see why it wont do nothing on bootloader,

fOxunO

Jan 2, 2011

PB81120 SS-B3
SPL-2.08.HSPL 8G XE
0X05
0X50
COTULLAHSPL

in this step , did you see 'serial' or 'usb' in bottom of screen ?
or maybe in your pc you don't have windows mobile device center ?
if your pc have windows mobile device center , you can connect your device with your pc so you can flash leo.img.
some times , 0% bar take a time more longer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the Flashing NAND roms tutorial (link in my signature)

5. UNINSTALLING MAGLDR AND NAND ANDROID (FLASHING WINMO BACK TO NAND)

To uninstall Magldr and any Android Rom that you installed to NAND, do the following:

1. Download a Stock Rom from *HERE* or a Custom Rom from the HD2 Rom Development Forum (for LEO512 ONLY, LEO1024 users will have to use a TMOUS compatable Stock or Custom Rom that is LEO1024 compatable).
    2. Enter Bootloader Mode by taking the battery out, then put it back in and hold down the 'Volume Down' button while briefly pressing the power button.
    3. After the phone enters the Bootloader Screen, plug in the usb cable so it says usb at the bottom of the screen
    4. Run the Stock Roms .exe file (or run the customruu.exe file of the Custom Rom you want to flash)
    * This will flash a Stock Rom and Radio while keeping your HardSPL untouched *
    Yea but that will not remove the HSPL. If you have the latest HSPL you need to open it back up after you load the stock rom and then install the one that is 2.08.0000 at the end of it. Now they will have no Idea. As for the stock rom I just downloaded the one from T-mobile. (www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade)
    If you are using a 512MB ROM HD2, just download the official firmware from HTC's website. The recommendation is to use a 1.xx or 2.xx ROM, do not use a 3.xx ROM.

Download 7-zip, make sure it is 9.20 version and up.

Using 7-zip, open the official ROM update exe file. Do not execute it.
    Inside you will see RUU_signed.nbh, extract just that file. Nothing else.
    rename RUU_signed.nbh, to leoimg.nbh

Copy leoimg.nbh into your SD card which is FAT16 or FAT32 formatted.

Unplug the battery from the HD2, count to 10, replace the battery.
    Hold the VOLUME DOWN button, DO NOT LET GO.
    Press the POWER BUTTON, then let go.

Follow the instructions on the screen when the device goes to RECOVERY mode.

Please note, this method will remove your HSPL and replace it with official SPL. It will also over-write your RADIO and ROM.

Everything will be as it is stated, a full factory recover.
    like i said windows device center just says cannot connect, even if i go to the bootloader

If you are flashing the official win mobile from t mobile just enter the bootloader screen and run the .Exe file for the rom. Their is no need for the toolkit. Sorry I didn't mention this earlier.

To go back to Windows Mobile, and also get rid of HSPL do this:

Download a shipped rom from the HTC Website.
    Extract the .exe
    Copy the .nbh file to your root of your SD Card.
    Change the name to LEOIMG.nbh
    Boot your phone while holding volume down so that you get in the tricolor screen.
    Follow instruction.