[Q] install nativesd rom for mobile banking app on htc hd2

Search This thread

Purah

Oct 8, 2014
hi,

im trying to run a mobile banking app which restricts its usage under rooted roms. actually i know how to jailbreak an iphone (its easy) the rooting process seems to be very difficult without any good step-by-step tutorials explaining everything needed to prepare, flash and configure the smartphones up to the end where it should be working like expected.

the smartphone is a htc hd2 and aMAGLDR 1.13 is already installed as bootloader and the spl-2.08 hspl is installed too. the hd2 has been already flashed with rooted roms but not by me.

can someone refer me to a good tutorial where i can get a rooted rom with android versions higher than 4.0.4 and lesser than 4.4., anything like 4.3 with selinux on permissive would be great.

i tried the steps explained in this video but after the 4ext recovery i failed at the step where i had to select the rom in boot settings. there wasnt any entry.

heres the code for the video from youtube (sorry dont have 10+ posts yet :/ ):
watch?v=ePOH2wJD2kw

Last edited:

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
hi,

im trying to run a mobile banking app which restricts its usage under rooted roms. actually i know how to jailbreak an iphone (its easy) the rooting process seems to be very difficult without any good step-by-step tutorials explaining everything needed to prepare, flash and configure the smartphones up to the end where it should be working like expected.

the smartphone is a htc hd2 and aMAGLDR 1.13 is already installed as bootloader and the spl-2.08 hspl is installed too. the hd2 has been already flashed with rooted roms but not by me.

can someone refer me to a good tutorial where i can get a rooted rom with android versions higher than 4.0.4 and lesser than 4.4., anything like 4.3 with selinux on permissive would be great.

i tried the steps explained in this video but after the 4ext recovery i failed at the step where i had to select the rom in boot settings. there wasnt any entry.

heres the code for the video from youtube (sorry dont have 10+ posts yet :/ ):
watch?v=ePOH2wJD2kw

Hello

I'm not entirely sure what you want to achieve here, but I'm assuming your ultimate goal is to be able to run a banking app that only works on non-rooted devices, correct?

Before going the harder path, have you tried hiding your root on your current ROM? There's an Xposed module called "Hide Root" or something that hides root from apps that check for it while allowing you to continue using root. You have to install Xposed Framework first then the module (from the same app, through "Download modules" submenu) and finally activate the module.

Now you later on asked for a tut on how to install a rooted jellybean android. All ROMs for the HD2 are rooted (except DFT's first Android ROM), so that's one less thing to worry about. Here is a tutorial of mine that should help you: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16528026&postcount=7 You said the device is already on 2.08 HSPL and already has MAGLDR so you can skip the first few steps. Also when picking a ROM from the HD2 NAND-section, just make sure it's a 4.1/2/3 and you should be good to go.

I know my answer is late so if you do come back, I hope you find it useful.

Last edited: