Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 43,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I seem lost

Tip us?

sherlockpwnz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default I seem lost

So for myself it has been a long long time since I've messed with my HD2 and I have found it sitting around in a box. On my HD2 I have Magldr 1.13

So I have searched around to try and figure this out but I haven't found any luck on the answer I'm looking for. Some roms require Clockwork Mod or some form of recovery. I am coming up short on how to install a recovery with magldr present and how to do it. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

specter16
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockpwnz View Post
So for myself it has been a long long time since I've messed with my HD2 and I have found it sitting around in a box. On my HD2 I have Magldr 1.13

So I have searched around to try and figure this out but I haven't found any luck on the answer I'm looking for. Some roms require Clockwork Mod or some form of recovery. I am coming up short on how to install a recovery with magldr present and how to do it. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
replace magldr with clk because clk supports device off charging

install clk
install cwm recovery (latest)
i recomend nexusHD2 roms becaus they are the most stable one

google for the last nrxusHD2 ROM (curently its android 4.4.4 )

follow the rpm instruction to partition the /system partition as mentioned in the rom page

flash the rom

enjoy your native android device

Sent from my HTC SENSATION XE

Device: HTC SENSATION XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Radio: 11.29A.3504.18_M

HBoot: Juopunutbear S-OFF NO HTCDEV UNLOCK
Recovery: 4ext Recovery Touch
ROM:
ViperS ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARE YOU A NOOB ON XDA-DEVELOPPERS !!!
KNOW ALL THE FORUM RULES IN LESS THAN 2 MINUTS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to specter16 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sherlockpwnz
Old
(Last edited by sherlockpwnz; 29th July 2014 at 03:04 AM.) Reason: Added Information
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Okay well that helps. Now to my next question. I was also looking for how to upgrade to CLK but I can't find an up to date link or sticky that has downloads that aren't broken. Am I just not looking hard enough?

Edit: Could I flash CLK over Magldr using HD2 toolkit I found?

specter16
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay well that helps. Now to my next question. I was also looking for how to upgrade to CLK but I can't find an up to date link or sticky that has downloads that aren't broken. Am I just not looking hard enough?

you flash clk while device is on bootloader mod (tri color screen) then you flash clk with the hd2 tool kit

ROM:
ViperS ROM

philipped346
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1402975
The Following User Says Thank You to philipped346 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

specter16
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

here is the latest clk version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvnnrcvrti...0506-NoRec.zip

ROM:
ViperS ROM

T-Macgnolia
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1886

DONATE TO ME
Hello sherlockpwnz from your OP I suggest you have a good read in this thread as it may be of help to you.
New to XDA? Please have a read here and here, they are here to help you.
XDA Search Video
S-off explained
Guide on HTC HD2
4EXT Themes, Splash screens, and Bootanimation By T-Macgnolia
XDA-BLOG Writer
RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer for Sensation

Current daily device= Samsung Galaxy Note 2
ROM=TMOUS Stock Multi Window update not rooted
Other devices=TMOUS HTC Sensation 4G,TMOUS HTC HD2 , Acer Iconia A500

The Following User Says Thank You to T-Macgnolia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sherlockpwnz
Old
(Last edited by sherlockpwnz; 2nd August 2014 at 02:50 AM.) Reason: Finished and now working
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thank you everyone for the replies. I have been working a new job and will be checking these out. I may have to use the SD card method because I'm assuming my cable isn't working right I keep getting the port change error once it goes to reboot after installing clk and rebooting. Maybe I'm wrong but I will try these and hopefully get it running.

Thank you everyone for steering me in the right direction. I am now up and running and this thread can be closed. This is why I love you guys and gals at XDA Developers. Thank you thank you thank you for the help.