poor Wi-Fi reception signal

OP vnikulin

1st July 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
purchased 2 of those devices specifically to use for tethering, need a device with wm6.5 and unfortunately can't use it since it can't pick up any signal from my routers or iphone or bluetooth tethering.
i can have this thing sitting on top of wifi ap and still get no signal. does anyone have any sort of a fix for it? thanks !
tried updating to RUU_Leo_1_5_TMOUS_3.14.531.1_Radio_15.42.50.11U_2. 15.50.14_LEO_1.5_Ship but it error out
my rom is 3.14.405.2
2nd July 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)
Thanks Meter: 337

1,878 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnikulin

purchased 2 of those devices specifically to use for tethering, need a device with wm6.5 and unfortunately can't use it since it can't pick up any signal from my routers or iphone or bluetooth tethering.
i can have this thing sitting on top of wifi ap and still get no signal. does anyone have any sort of a fix for it? thanks !
tried updating to RUU_Leo_1_5_TMOUS_3.14.531.1_Radio_15.42.50.11U_2. 15.50.14_LEO_1.5_Ship but it error out
my rom is 3.14.405.2

Would assume they have been opened for repair & not assembled correctly.
Usual issue for wifi/BT is coax cable not clipped into brass connectors correctly.
ideally you need pull back cover off & check the cables that rundown side near volume button.
also check all spring fingers on mainboard that contact on arial tabs of rear housing are present & correct position to contact.
Many people snap the spring fingers off the mainboard with rough handling & don't clip the coax cables in properly.
Also worth noting you have a power setting for wifi so that needs setting to max to help maximise range.
Use over 20 HD'2 in my work enviroment & wifi is perfectly good enough & they make a great wifi router/tetherer with wmwifirouter
7th July 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
thanks !
to pull back cover i need to use heatgun? i used setting for max power w/o any result
8th July 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)
Thanks Meter: 337

1,878 posts
More
To remove rear cover you don't use heatgun.
Pull battery, sim & memory card, remove all screws.
Use a plastic pry tool to loosen edges top & sides
*do not push any tools in around volume button area*
Main trick is to start at top as top has 2 good clips either side of speaker grill
once top showing signs of release work round side without volume key & once this shows signs of coming off it very easy.
Do not use metal tools, screwdriver as cause horrendous damage
Take care as many things are easily broken with poor handling.
Cover clips back very easily.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread