FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root certificates for WM6.5

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

By betatest3, Member on 9th March 2016, 08:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Ok, first off, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, if it is the wrong one, please move it to the right forum.

The default root certificates in WM6.5 will expire one day(I think some of them already have). When that happens, SSL, HTTPS, email, and other internet related things will stop working properly on WM6.5, and the device will be less secure. So I have these .pem certificates(I extracted them from my computer, running Linux, but according to numerous sources, .pem certificates are installable on WM 6.X), there are lots of them, but if anyone needs them, here they are. Once the default ones expire(or perhaps before then) these can be used, which will allow WM6.5 devices(like the HD2) to use the internet securely. If anyone has any objections or concerns, post back here, and I may be able to help.

I like the WM6.5 platform(in fact, if there was a WM6.5 device with similar specs to the HD2, with 1900MHz HSPA for T-Mobile in 2016, I would use a WM6.5 device as a daily driver), and I do not want the platform to die .
Attached Files
File Type: zip cadir.zip - [Click for QR Code] (194.6 KB, 46 views)

9th March 2016, 11:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by betatest3

Ok, first off, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, if it is the wrong one, please move it to the right forum.

The default root certificates in WM6.5 will expire one day(I think some of them already have). When that happens, SSL, HTTPS, email, and other internet related things will stop working properly on WM6.5, and the device will be less secure. So I have these .pem certificates(I extracted them from my computer, running Linux, but according to numerous sources, .pem certificates are installable on WM 6.X), there are lots of them, but if anyone needs them, here they are. Once the default ones expire(or perhaps before then) these can be used, which will allow WM6.5 devices(like the HD2) to use the internet securely. If anyone has any objections or concerns, post back here, and I may be able to help.

I like the WM6.5 platform(in fact, if there was a WM6.5 device with similar specs to the HD2, with 1900MHz HSPA for T-Mobile in 2016, I would use a WM6.5 device as a daily driver), and I do not want the platform to die .

You may want to check out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/hd2-...opped-t3033631

New WEH builds should be ok. Check Poyensa (Iggord) builds here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...50783&page=206
9th March 2016, 11:37 PM |#3  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by txj

You may want to check out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/hd2-...opped-t3033631

New WEH builds should be ok. Check Poyensa (Iggord) builds here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...50783&page=206

Cool, so they have working(non-expired) certificates?! Good. I am keeping these certificates up though, in case anyone needs or wants them.

P.S. Is there any HD2 variant that supports HSPA on 1900MHz? T-Mobile is refarming all HSPA to 1900MHz(which is funny because now the T-Mobile HD2 will no longer work well on T-Mobile). So I want one that works with 1900MHz HSPA. I know the SoC is capable of 1900MHz HSPA, the Nexus One(with the same chip) has it.
10th March 2016, 10:47 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by betatest3

Cool, so they have working(non-expired) certificates?! Good. I am keeping these certificates up though, in case anyone needs or wants them.

P.S. Is there any HD2 variant that supports HSPA on 1900MHz? T-Mobile is refarming all HSPA to 1900MHz(which is funny because now the T-Mobile HD2 will no longer work well on T-Mobile). So I want one that works with 1900MHz HSPA. I know the SoC is capable of 1900MHz HSPA, the Nexus One(with the same chip) has it.

Sorry - I'm not aware of any HD2 HSPA 1900, only 1700/2100. Checking T-Mobile - HD2 should still work on 3G, just not 4G LTE.
10th March 2016, 03:22 PM |#5  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)
Thanks Meter: 384

More
Can we not pull certs from WEH build & create a cab for install .
11th March 2016, 04:00 AM |#6  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by txj

Sorry - I'm not aware of any HD2 HSPA 1900, only 1700/2100. Checking T-Mobile - HD2 should still work on 3G, just not 4G LTE.

3G will work..... for now, but by the end of this year MOST if not ALL of the 3G towers will be refarmed to 1900MHz. Then the HD2 will no longer work on T-Mobile's 3G network, and we will all be forced back to 2G. The funny thing is, that other phones with the same chip, work with the 1900MHz 3G band, but HTC had to disable it for some reason, supporting that one extra band would have been too much trouble apparently.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)