Blaned my hp touch pad

Search This thread
Jul 23, 2014
I accidently wiped my whole HP Touchpad while trying to update to 4.4.2 kitkat. Is there anything I can do reinstall webos? I tried webos doctor failed at 8%

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
I accidently wiped my whole HP Touchpad while trying to update to 4.4.2 kitkat. Is there anything I can do reinstall webos? I tried webos doctor failed at 8%

A bit more detail please.
How did you wipe the touchpad?
Which version of WebOS did you use?
And anything else that you can think of so that might be useful in for people to help you.

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
Touchpad Toolbox-Complete Data Reset

WebOS 3.05

Not yet

Thanks for the quick response.
Have you read jcsullins post #4 in his toolbox thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52765164&postcount=4
I haven't run this myself as I removed webos myself and am happy with the results.
Hopefully it will resolve your problem (you may need to run the complete reset again before if trying webos Dr 3.0.5 messed anything up).
Hopefully that will work, otherwise the Dr version you need to run 3.0.0 as that is the only one that correctly sets up the partitioning, followed by 3.0.5 to bring it up to date.
If any of the above suggestions work remember that you will have to muck about with the date to reestablish the license. If you have a problem with that just post again and I will give a link to what I'm talking about.
Or if these options don't work I will post further options but the above is probably enough to get started.

Good luck.

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks for the quick response.
Have you read jcsullins post #4 in his toolbox thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52765164&postcount=4
I haven't run this myself as I removed webos myself and am happy with the results.
Hopefully it will resolve your problem (you may need to run the complete reset again before if trying webos Dr 3.0.5 messed anything up).
Hopefully that will work, otherwise the Dr version you need to run 3.0.0 as that is the only one that correctly sets up the partitioning, followed by 3.0.5 to bring it up to date.
If any of the above suggestions work remember that you will have to muck about with the date to reestablish the license. If you have a problem with that just post again and I will give a link to what I'm talking about.
Or if these options don't work I will post further options but the above is probably enough to get started.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'm having a different problem now I have a 16gb hp touchpad but now its 1.47gb. I installed 4.4.2 kitkat

Jul 23, 2014
You are welcome, so what did you actually do to fix it, as you're answer may help others with a similar problem?

Once again some more info about exactly what you did to be in your current predicament.

AOKP 4.4.2 kitkat by Sixohtew

I got WebOS to run on my HP touchpad and after that I installed 4.4.2 kitkat after installing it on my 16gb HP touchpad and now my internal storage is 1.47gb.

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
AOKP 4.4.2 kitkat by Sixohtew

I got WebOS to run on my HP touchpad and after that I installed 4.4.2 kitkat after installing it on my 16gb HP touchpad and now my internal storage is 1.47gb.

After installing webOS what did resize your partitions to and with what?And where did you get a Rom by Sixohtew from as I don't remember/recognise that name in our developers forum.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2014
After installing webs what did resize your partitions to and with what? And where did you get a Rom by Sixohtew from as I don't remember recognize that name in our developers forum.

I didn't after installing WebOS I got the rom and the gaps I installed them. I didn't resize them I'm not sure how to. Sixohtew post is on rootzwiki it was advised by Ronald Deschain a member of this forum.

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
That is why you have a problem. I really think you need to do a bit more reading and I suggest that you start with jcsullins Rom Toolbox thread followed by mybe watching some of Roland's videos.
Equally l am unable to offer help on Roms that are not on the xda/hp forum as I stick to what's here.
Good luck and have fun ☺

gtallmadge

Apr 16, 2011
Veneta, OR
I would agree with sstar. Do your reading on this site in the developer forums. From what I understand, the Rom you installed has not been updated since March and there is not much follow up or discussion of it.

Unless you have a specific reason for using this Rom, I would suggest you look for one on this site that is supported and is updated. Getting Android on the tablet is easy enough with Toolbox, but deciding what Rom to use requires some investigation on your part.

Reactions: sstar

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
You can wipe and recreate the partitions using LVM and then doctor it.

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would agree with sstar. Do your reading on this site in the developer forums. From what I understand, the Rom you installed has not been updated since March and there is not much follow up or discussion of it.

Unless you have a specific reason for using this Rom, I would suggest you look for one on this site that is supported and is updated. Getting Android on the tablet is easy enough with Toolbox, but deciding what Rom to use requires some investigation on your part.