Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HP Touchpad Toolbox not working????

Tip us?

josh426
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HP Touchpad Toolbox not working????

So I downloaded all the files that I need and start with a fully charged touchpad. I currently am running an older version of android on it with webos, but decided since I have not used webos in over 2 years, why not wipe it clean, install a new version of android and just leave off webos.

Now with everything in place, I connect the touchpad in recovery mode, start touchpad toolbox, i see the commands scroll on the touchpad screen for maybe 1 or 2 seconds and it then just reboots itself. Am I missing something or is this just not working?

I even thought maybe I was running low on storage and did a factory reset of android to wipe everything that was installed off with no luck.

I just want to wipe this clean and do a fresh install of kitkat or whatever. dont need anything else on it, dont even need the multiboot. Any recommendations out there?????

jcsullins
Old
Thanks Meter 1,282

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh426 View Post
So I downloaded all the files that I need and start with a fully charged touchpad. I currently am running an older version of android on it with webos, but decided since I have not used webos in over 2 years, why not wipe it clean, install a new version of android and just leave off webos.

Now with everything in place, I connect the touchpad in recovery mode, start touchpad toolbox, i see the commands scroll on the touchpad screen for maybe 1 or 2 seconds and it then just reboots itself. Am I missing something or is this just not working?

I even thought maybe I was running low on storage and did a factory reset of android to wipe everything that was installed off with no luck.

I just want to wipe this clean and do a fresh install of kitkat or whatever. dont need anything else on it, dont even need the multiboot. Any recommendations out there?????
I have heard no reports of what you describe.

I suggest using TPToolbox v41 from here (download link in that post):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=293

and try again.

If it does it again, I will need to see a kernel log file to help diagnose what's happening.
To get that, following the instructions on this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=10

but replace steps 1-3 with:
1) Load Touchpad Toolbox
2) Start holding the Volume Up button
3) Continue to hold VolUP until you see the big USB symbol (i.e. webOS recovery)

josh426
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Errgghh

Downloaded but not sure what is going on. I think the problem my be with something being overwritten during one of the first attempts. With the USB logo displayed, I connect it to the PC. The minute it starts to transfer, it resets and I see the hp logo and then the boot screen. At this point it is stuck in a rebooting loop for several times. I even just tried webos doctor and it starts at 1% and as soon as it hits 2% it reboots the same way.

Also will not mount as a USB drive on the PC. Just as a palm noobie or something so I can not access anything on the device manually.

ecvision
Old
Thanks Meter 0
While I have not experience your issue I have had other issues that were resolved by changing to a different USB cable. Might be worth a try.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk 2