Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchpad stuck in a read only mode

Tip us?

asif9t9
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Touchpad stuck in a read only mode

I have a TP with WebOS 3.0.5, Moboot 0.3.8, and CM10.1.

Whenever I reboot my device, any changes I make are reset. I can't load a new ROM. I can copy files to my SD Card and use them, but when I reboot, the files are gone. I see this is an ongoing issue. But most threads are old. Any fix for this? I just want to be able to run WebOS doctor now, but it won't work. It stops at 12% and says Unable to Reset. I have tried all the various WebOS doctor versions from 3.0.0 to 3.0.5.

Thanks,

Moody66
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
I have a TP with WebOS 3.0.5, Moboot 0.3.8, and CM10.1.

Whenever I reboot my device, any changes I make are reset. I can't load a new ROM. I can copy files to my SD Card and use them, but when I reboot, the files are gone. I see this is an ongoing issue. But most threads are old. Any fix for this? I just want to be able to run WebOS doctor now, but it won't work. It stops at 12% and says Unable to Reset. I have tried all the various WebOS doctor versions from 3.0.0 to 3.0.5.

Thanks,
Use jcsullins hp TouchPad Toolbox. Complete reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moody66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asif9t9
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody66 View Post
Cool thanks. This looks like it could be the thing. Do you recommend I do a Full Data Reset to delete both WebOS and Android, then Create WebOS Volume to prep the device for WebOS, then WebOS doctor to get back to factory? Then if all goes well, then re-install Android?

I ask because the Full Data Reset sounds scary. I hope I can still access Moboot from there, for whatever that's worth.

asif9t9
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody66 View Post
I posted in the Toobox thread, but just fyi, can you believe, Complete Reset didn't work! It's like my Touchpad is in read only mode.