No registration required

[Q] 10-bit video playback on CM11

OP shrik450

1st September 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hey guys,

Recently, I took over my dad's touchpad, and installed CM11 on it (milaq, 1/9/14). I have a lot of 720p anime encoded in h264 10-bit video. When I tried to play it,

* BS Player doesn't output subtitles as they were typeset, also lags a bit.

* MX outputs subtitles alright, but cannot play it without massive lag. It doesn't allow me to select the H/W decoder.

* Dice just crashes.

* VLC gets diarrhea and doesn't even play beyond the first scene.

Has anybody had any luck with playing any 10-bit, 720p video on their touchpad? If so, could you tell me what you did?

(For reference, the file I used was Commie's Hanamonogatari.)
2nd September 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrik450

Hey guys,

Recently, I took over my dad's touchpad, and installed CM11 on it (milaq, 1/9/14). I have a lot of 720p anime encoded in h264 10-bit video. When I tried to play it,

* BS Player doesn't output subtitles as they were typeset, also lags a bit.

* MX outputs subtitles alright, but cannot play it without massive lag. It doesn't allow me to select the H/W decoder.

* Dice just crashes.

* VLC gets diarrhea and doesn't even play beyond the first scene.

Has anybody had any luck with playing any 10-bit, 720p video on their touchpad? If so, could you tell me what you did?

(For reference, the file I used was Commie's Hanamonogatari.)

I have not used commiesub for year. Try with MX Player to download the plugin for codec manualy (store version don't work) and link it from the option. If my video lag, normaly, hw+ work. It only happened 1 times from some french sub than hw+ did not work with 10bit 1080p, otherwise it should work fine. Normaly, the best and stable sub for VLC's Deadfish and Horriblesubs, otherwise, MX Player's the only one working with 10bit video. If it still lag, you might need to overclock the cpu and put 16bit video in the performance setting of the TP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread