Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cannot Flash To Repair, Boot Loops and Deleted SD card

OP chicawhyte

3rd July 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
More
Greetings, developers and friends!

My Touchpad is now stuck in a continuous boot, with Android backed up in Clockworkmod but I tried restoring and didn't work. A couple of days ago I deleted info on my SD card because it was too bogged down and didn't let me update anything. I did my best but I decided to do this,so I own it. Attempted to flash with Roland's video instructions and got all my files in order: Problem is, on the command prompt I get a message of "Device Not Recognized.

Here's what I see when booting:

Moboot 0. 3. 8

HP logo
boot ClockworkMod
boot Cyanogenmod
boot WebOS
boot webOS Recovery
reboot
shutdown

Then the screen goes light dark, as if the animation of CyanogenMod is going to be up and running but it doesn't. Is there a remedy to fix the SD card problem, maybe that will take care of it and my laptop can see the TouchPad? Backup works fine on ClockworkMod, restore does too but nothing happens.

Any takers? I have another HP tablet that I will not mess with, but I'd rather have both running Android.

Thanks,

chicawhyte
3rd July 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicawhyte

Greetings, developers and friends!

My Touchpad is now stuck in a continuous boot, with Android backed up in Clockworkmod but I tried restoring and didn't work. A couple of days ago I deleted info on my SD card because it was too bogged down and didn't let me update anything. I did my best but I decided to do this,so I own it. Attempted to flash with Roland's video instructions and got all my files in order: Problem is, on the command prompt I get a message of "Device Not Recognized.

Here's what I see when booting:

Moboot 0. 3. 8

HP logo
boot ClockworkMod
boot Cyanogenmod
boot WebOS
boot webOS Recovery
reboot
shutdown

Then the screen goes light dark, as if the animation of CyanogenMod is going to be up and running but it doesn't. Is there a remedy to fix the SD card problem, maybe that will take care of it and my laptop can see the TouchPad? Backup works fine on ClockworkMod, restore does too but nothing happens.

Any takers? I have another HP tablet that I will not mess with, but I'd rather have both running Android.

Thanks,

chicawhyte

UPDATE: Was able to get through the Android removal, but it bothers me that one of the scrolling messages says, "no cminstall dir found, nothing to install.
3rd July 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #3  
Flag Uhrichsville
Thanks Meter: 108

317 posts
Quote:

UPDATE: Was able to get through the Android removal, but it bothers me that one of the scrolling messages says, "no cminstall dir found, nothing to install.

TouchPad toolbox will solve it.
3rd July 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody66

TouchPad toolbox will solve it.

Where is the Toolbox? Looked in Preware, Just Type and everywhere else and I can't find it. Thanks.
3rd July 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
Found it on another thread, printed it out. Will take care of this after work. Thanks.

chicawhyte
4th July 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
Quote:

Found it on another thread, printed it out. Will take care of this after work. Thanks.

chicawhyte

It didn't work....aborted....
4th July 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
It didn't, it aborted. I tried Roland's way and attempted to flash it but still the message is the same, no cminstall dir, power off when ready. Let me see if I can get a hold of him or JC (it'd be incredibly lucky for me) I hope my tablet can get the Android back.
5th July 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
Roland asked me about this, this is my reply. Feel free to help out.
Quote:

It didn't, it aborted. I tried Roland's way and attempted to flash it but still the message is the same, no cminstall dir, power off when ready. Let me see if I can get a hold of him or JC (it'd be incredibly lucky for me) I hope my tablet can get the Android back.

+Roland Deschain Ok Roland, what I have tried was to gain more memory on my tablet; there were several apps deleted, cached space, did all I could because I had an update via Goo.im. I tried to flash it but I was not successful; asides from that, there were automatic updates that the Touchpad did not allow due to low storage space.That is when I made the serious mistake of deleting the SD card.

I tried to uninstall according to your instructions and then load up the 5M to go back to full throttle, but for whatever reason when the scroll happened the messages were off-key, meaning that folders and files were not installed and not the usual way. That's when I realized there was trouble; I had made two Nandroid backups that are still in the Touchpad. I had only WebOS and no Android to be seen. I restored the most recent backup via ROM Manager and I thought that that would do the trick, still no Android (?).

I decided to try and reach out to my fellows at XDA-Developers because I try everything before I go to the forum; I know the rules there. That's when I was made aware of the Toolbox by JC Sullins and I downloaded it. Followed the instructions hoping to install Android that way but it didn't go past 3 seconds of Step 1. That's when I get the message(s) that there's nothing to install and cuts off.

I am aware of a way to format the SD card (if that is the problem) but for that stuff I need specific instructions, like here, to do so. I have another TouchPad 32 GB that I performed a double-boot as you instructed us to do; what I need is some specific cause(s) and what to do because the idea of wiping everything including WebOS, using WebOS Doctor to reinstall it and then Android does not appeal to me. I want to get to the bottom of it, I like to figure this stuff out and do it myself

Thanks for your work and for helping us turn a good tablet into the best tablet around!
5th July 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
Greetings,

Please read below my message to Roland and my problem below/wanted to add that now on both computers (my laptop where I do the flashes) and my husband's where I copied the Palm, Inc. folder to attempt Android there-the message I get is that "there is no hardware found" on the command prompt.
8th July 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 971

539 posts
Donate to Me
Please try to follow the instructions and explain things when requested
Quote:

Hello Roland, help!!!!! Please read this thread and let me know if I have to wipe everything and restart from scratch with WebOS Doctor. Here's the thread from xda-developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/hp-t...0/post53886856. Runs WebOS fine, but no Android to be seen; files are there but it won't let me format the whole tablet. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandDeschain79

"Hey so I took a look but that just tells me you're confused and trying to follow multiple sets of instructions. Can you list what you've tried and where you get stuck. There's no cminstall folder in this set of instructions its a ttinstall folder. Did you complete the first steps of uninstalling android and wiping the USB drive?"

Quote:

+Roland Deschain Ok Roland, what I have tried was to gain more memory on my tablet; there were several apps deleted, cached space, did all I could because I had an update via Goo.im. I tried to flash it but I was not successful; asides from that, there were automatic updates that the Touchpad did not allow due to low storage space.That is when I made the serious mistake of deleting the SD card.

I tried to uninstall according to your instructions and then load up the 5M to go back to full throttle, but for whatever reason when the scroll happened the messages were off-key, meaning that folders and files were not installed and not the usual way. That's when I realized there was trouble; I had made two Nandroid backups that are still in the Touchpad. I had only WebOS and no Android to be seen. I restored the most recent backup via ROM Manager and I thought that that would do the trick, still no Android (?).

I decided to try and reach out to my fellows at XDA-Developers because I try everything before I go to the forum; I know the rules there. That's when I was made aware of the Toolbox by JC Sullins and I downloaded it. Followed the instructions hoping to install Android that way but it didn't go past 3 seconds of Step 1. That's when I get the message(s) that there's nothing to install and cuts off.

I am aware of a way to format the SD card (if that is the problem) but for that stuff I need specific instructions, like here, to do so. I have another TouchPad 32 GB that I performed a double-boot as you instructed us to do; what I need is some specific cause(s) and what to do because the idea of wiping everything including WebOS, using WebOS Doctor to reinstall it and then Android does not appeal to me. I want to get to the bottom of it, I like to figure this stuff out and do it myself

Thanks for your work and for helping us turn a good tablet into the best tablet around!

Please try and limit your conversation to one location. People who spam my YouTube channel and the forum with the same questions tend to get permanently banned without warning. Consider this a warning.

Quote:

......That is when I made the serious mistake of deleting the SD card.
.......I am aware of a way to format the SD card (if that is the problem) but for that stuff I need specific instructions, like here, to do so. I have another TouchPad 32 GB that I performed a double-boot as you instructed us to do; what I need is some specific cause(s) and what to do because the idea of wiping everything including WebOS, using WebOS Doctor to reinstall it and then Android does not appeal to me. I want to get to the bottom of it, I like to figure this stuff out and do it myself

Secondly if I ask you a question try to answer it as completely as possible. Don't tell me you made a mistake by wiping the SDcard then refuse to tell me how you did this even after I asked specifically about it. Claiming that you know how to wipe the SDcard then asking for specific instructions how to do so doesn't give me confidence in your ability. If you wiped the SDcard from a windows PC then you've made your own problem and completely ignored all the available instructions.

Quote:

. Followed the instructions hoping to install Android that way but it didn't go past 3 seconds of Step 1. That's when I get the message(s) that there's nothing to install and cuts off.

I'm having a very hard time understanding why you say you're stuck on step 1, which is installing novacom and backing up your data, when you're talking about step 5 installing android???

Step by step instructions have been provided and I even made a long video that reads you all the info. No one can help you to follow instructions that's up to you. Saying you didn't want to follow the instructions then asking for help is just silly. If you do not wish to change the layout of your touchpad just stick to the Non data media roms.

New Super Easy Way Guide and video available

[ROM GUIDE]How to use the TouchPad Toolbox to install Android "The Super Easy Way"(DM & Non-DM)

Last edited by RolandDeschain79; 9th July 2014 at 04:03 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot issues, flash /fastboot mode not working, hp touchpad, sd card
Previous Thread Next Thread