Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KK Battery charging issue

Tip us?

rrrrrrredbelly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default KK Battery charging issue

I've ran 4 kk roms (the 3 cm & pac, all 4.4.4) and my tp won't properly charge. When i unplug the charger or reboot, the battery icon shows as charging. Under settings - > battery it shows as charging, as well as in the "better battery stats" app. During this point the tp doesn't actually charge.

I'm using the factory cable and charger. I've also tried changing it on a tombstone and the same thing happens.

It's been this way since i first instead kk, comings from 4.2.2. I used the tp toolbox, doing a full wipe. I also charged battery past 100 percent and flashed the a6 firmware.

This only happens on kk, I'm running a 4.3.1 rom now and it charges fine.

Thanks

shumash
Old
Thanks Meter 1,821

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrrrrredbelly View Post
I've ran 4 kk roms (the 3 cm & pac, all 4.4.4) and my tp won't properly charge. When i unplug the charger or reboot, the battery icon shows as charging. Under settings - > battery it shows as charging, as well as in the "better battery stats" app. During this point the tp doesn't actually charge.

I'm using the factory cable and charger. I've also tried changing it on a tombstone and the same thing happens.

It's been this way since i first instead kk, comings from 4.2.2. I used the tp toolbox, doing a full wipe. I also charged battery past 100 percent and flashed the a6 firmware.

This only happens on kk, I'm running a 4.3.1 rom now and it charges fine.

Thanks
I've had this happen numerous times, where the battery charging status seems to get reversed. It seems to happen if you boot up the TP when it's connected to a pc (and maybe the charger). The only fix I was able to make work was a complete factory data reset and reflash. Since I stopped booting connected to anything, it seems to have stopped.
The Following User Says Thank You to shumash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rrrrrrredbelly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by shumash View Post
I've had this happen numerous times, where the battery charging status seems to get reversed. It seems to happen if you boot up the TP when it's connected to a pc (and maybe the charger). The only fix I was able to make work was a complete factory data reset and reflash. Since I stopped booting connected to anything, it seems to have stopped.
Thanks, I'll try that. For me, i wasn't connected to either charget when I rebooted the tp.

Seems strange that it seems to be an issue with just kk (not 4.3) and my tp that isn't affecting others.